• 04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
    Skyman
    Re: You might be a photographer if...
    you know what lens you are holding by feel and can change lenses one handed without putting anything down.
  • 04-15-2008, 12:02 AM
    gahspidy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    What if you use your wardrobe for camera gear and just keep your cloths in the basket?...LOL

HA! actually I do also have my camera backpack in the bottom of one wardrobe but the rest of the gear is in front of the other.
    I think you may have me beat though . . . lol
  • 04-15-2008, 05:03 AM
    mjs1973
    ... you can get the camera out of your saddle bag, out of the case, take a photo, put it back in the case and put it back in the saddle bag while traveling down the highway at 60mph on your motorcycle.

... when packing for a trim you sacrifice clothes and food to make more room for all your camera gear.

... you work harder while on vacation in order to get great photos than you do at your regular job.
  • 04-15-2008, 07:04 AM
    readingr
    ... the biggest decision before leaving the house is which camera bag and tripod to pick up; and then walk out in your slippers. (Of course that could be old age :lol:)

Roger
  • 04-15-2008, 08:06 AM
    Frog
    You're up and on the road to that scenic spot before dawn, back by 9am, mope about the house until late afternoon and then are gone again until dark.
  • 04-15-2008, 08:45 AM
    mattbikeboy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Done that one! Right into Lake Michigan, right in the middle of shooting a family. Slipped off the rock, right onto my butt, camera arm up.

LOL, We don't have much water around here -- but last month when shooting a downhill mountain bike race at Bootleg Canyon I slipped in the scree next to the course and my camera went up in the air along with my feet as I tumbled down the hill.. I thought nobody saw -- but one of my buddies was a couple hundred feet up the trail and reported to everyone that it was pretty funny seeing my feet and camera in the air at the same time.

mbb
  • 04-15-2008, 10:28 AM
    mjs1973
    [QUOTE=Sushigaijinyour first instinct upon tripping is to protect the camera - to hell with your head, it will heal...[/QUOTE]

My knee still feels a little "funny" after a nasty spill I took last summer in the Tetons. I tripped on a barbed wire fence and went down hard in the rocky ditch. I limped away, but the camera survived.
  • 04-16-2008, 07:40 PM
    megan
    One more...
    You're going on vacation to Bermuda first thing in the morning and the last thing you do before you go to bed is check PR.com! :)
  • 04-17-2008, 09:09 AM
    gahspidy
    your girlfriend starts to see the camera and gear as a competing other woman . . .
  • 04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
    Old Timer
    You might be a photographer if... A friend sees you out somewhere and you don't have a camera and he ask, " Are you sick or is something wrong because there is just something odd about you that I can't put my finger on."
  • 04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
    Xia_Ke
    ... the vegetable drawer in your fridge is full of film plus you have just as much film in the freezer as you do food.
  • 04-22-2008, 12:17 AM
    readingr
    This weekend I was trying to get a photo of a waterfall when I slipped backwards on the wet rocks and came down with a thump and cut my head. blood dripping everywhere and all I could think of was keeping the dripping blood off both the camera and the tripod. Needless to say neither the camera or the tripod hit the floor during the fall.

Ended up in A&E to get my head glued back together again. Ridiculed by my daughter and sister all the way there and all the way home.:rolleyes:

Roger
  • 04-22-2008, 07:57 AM
    Frog
    ..and your daughters didn't get a pic?
  • 04-22-2008, 08:23 AM
    Jaedon
    .....you bought a convertible just so the roof would not get in the way of looking for subjects (birds/clouds/trees, etc) to shoot overhead anymore.

...the neighbors all know you as the crazy guy with the camera shooting birds in his underwear...again.

...your memory cards have more storage space than the HD on your laptop.

...the first thing you install on your computer after a re-install of your operating system, is your photo editing software.

...when your kids falls off his bike you take 3 shots before running to help him =)
  • 04-22-2008, 08:25 AM
    retroactiv
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaedon
    .....you bought a convertible just so the roof would not get in the way of looking for subjects (birds/clouds/trees, etc) to shoot overhead anymore.

...the neighbors all know you as the crazy guy with the camera shooting birds in his underwear...again.

...your memory cards have more storage space than the HD on your laptop.

...the first thing you install on your computer after a re-install of your operating system, is your photo editing software.

Jaedon that is perfect, how did you know all of that stuff about me, well all of it except for the convertible but hopefully it's coming soon.
  • 04-22-2008, 08:35 AM
    Jaedon
    lol get out of my head then =p