• 04-13-2008, 07:55 PM
    mn shutterbug
    Re: You might be a photographer if...
    .....friends tell you that you should see if some magazine would buy them from you.

This has happend a few times.
  • 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
    Skyman
    the wedding photographer asks to borrow some of your gear

your lab asks if they can use your shot for their sample prints

you have to ask someone am i invited as a guest or do you want me to work?
  • 04-14-2008, 05:03 AM
    mjs1973
    your coworkers keep asking you why you work here.
  • 04-14-2008, 05:15 AM
    Xia_Ke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy
    . . . you need to move some of your photography equipment over to the other side just to open your wardrobe . . .

What if you use your wardrobe for camera gear and just keep your cloths in the basket?...LOL
  • 04-14-2008, 05:28 AM
    Liz
    You might be a photographer if:

***you begin to have withdrawal symptoms after a week of not using your camera.

***there is always a camera in your car

***you can't go online to do some work without checking out PR

Liz
  • 04-14-2008, 06:08 AM
    another view
    -While on vacation, you can't understand why everyone else would want to have dinner at a sensible time. The light is too good to waste on simply looking at it from a patio...

-The phrase "I'll bet that camera takes really good pictures" causes an involuntary reaction of eye-rolling...

-You're disappointed when showing about a dozen or so carefully edited shots from a trip to friends and they ask "Where are the others?"...
  • 04-14-2008, 06:16 AM
    Liz

you encounter a situation such as this:

You see a man all dressed up in a wedding gown with a veil on his head sitting with his feet in the fountain at Bryant Park in Manhatten. He smiles at you, so you ask him if you can take his picture. He asks what you would pay him for one picture - you tell him you'll give him a couple of dollars. He takes a long look at your camera and says "with that camera, you could give me a $20."

He takes the $2 offer.

Liz
  • 04-14-2008, 09:44 AM
    adina
    ...your husband asks who's that strange kid hanging in the living room (a canvas I took down from a children's boutique)

...your dining room furniture is a Larson box and a roll of seamless paper. (temporarily, I am taking it down today, had a pregnant lady over this morning)
  • 04-14-2008, 10:07 AM
    walterick
    ... your girlfriend/wife/family/all your friends have learned to carry reading material with them.
  • 04-14-2008, 10:12 AM
    Sushigaijin
    ...You've fallen into a body of water, totally emmersed, with just your camera and camera arm sticking up above the water..

...alternately, your first instinct upon tripping is to protect the camera - to hell with your head, it will heal...

...your camera rides shotgun more often than your spouse...

...you play the money shuffle: I'll sell one older lens, that stereo I haven't used in three years, take $100 from my tax refund, and collect $100 from that guy who owes me money, and THEN I can afford the new lens!
  • 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
    Canuck935
    ...Your friends and family are always standing around waiting for you..

... When you are out shooting and random people are always giving you their cameras to take a pictures of them..

... You open your closet and an avalanche of camera bags and tripods and lightstands, etc falls on you.

... You are on the trail and run into a bear and your first reaction is to pull out the camera..

... You've made compromises to make your backpack as light as possible, then you still pack the DSLR and extra lens or two..

... Your camera isn't a "luxury item," it's the 11th "essential."
  • 04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
    Canuck935
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushigaijin
    ...You've fallen into a body of water, totally emmersed, with just your camera and camera arm sticking up above the water..

Haaa!! Been there, done that!
  • 04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
    Frog
    if you're constantly watching for wide spots where its safe to pull off the road.
  • 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
    Canuck935
    ... You have a day job other than photography, but you have more knowledge relevant to photography than for your day job..

... The smell of acid stop bath is a "comfort" smell and brings back fond memories..
  • 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM
    megan
    Good one!
    ... The smell of acid stop bath is a "comfort" smell and brings back fond memories..

...you stick your hand in the water and know instinctively whether or not it's 68 degrees F.

...you panic when Rosh Hoshana or Passover is coming, knowing you need to stock up before B&H closes.
  • 04-14-2008, 11:38 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

...you panic when Rosh Hoshana or Passover is coming, knowing you need to stock up before B&H closes.
    Megan - I love it!

Just to add:

you download and print the monthly B&H calendar! :D :D :D

Liz
  • 04-14-2008, 11:40 AM
    Liz

you take a nice long ride in the country, but instead of taking in all of the scenery you're constantly framing bits and pieces in your head.

Liz
  • 04-14-2008, 11:51 AM
    Dylan8i
    Quote:

...alternately, your first instinct upon tripping is to protect the camera - to hell with your head, it will heal...

haha happened to me yesterday, although i only fell in a stream, so my first instinct was to turn to my other side, not the one with camera around neck and arm... but couldn't so fell so it wouldn't bang off a rock, splashed water all over it, got up dried off camera made sure it worked and THEN realized i banged my knee bad against the rock i slipped on, and still have a bad sore muscle
  • 04-14-2008, 12:10 PM
    adina
    Quote:

!

Done that one! Right into Lake Michigan, right in the middle of shooting a family. Slipped off the rock, right onto my butt, camera arm up.
  • 04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
    mtbbrian
    You have six of the same camera, because each one has different characteristics to them!
    :biggrin5:
    Brian
  • 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Re: Good one!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    [...you stick your hand in the water and know instinctively whether or not it's 68 degrees F...

Good call...LOL :thumbsup:
  • 04-14-2008, 02:08 PM
    mtbbrian
    Re: Good one!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    ...you stick your hand in the water and know instinctively whether or not it's 68 degrees F.

Which by the way is also 20 degrees Celsius ...
    :rolleyes: :D :p
    Brian
  • 04-14-2008, 04:29 PM
    megan
    I think that would be...
    You know you're a HOLGA addict when... :)
  • 04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
    brmill26
    Your friends say, "why are you in law school when you could be a photographer?" If they only paid the same...

Friends get excited that, "I finally made it into a Brad Miller album!"
  • 04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
    walterick
    ... you can drive your car a good several seconds through the viewfinder of your camera.