ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Yosemite Reflections

After a long road trip, which we hadn't planned on, we did our final stop on the Merced River as we were leaving Yosemite.

The sunset and the reflections was a great way to end our half day in our favorite national park. We got married here, so it will always rank numero uno.

Tomorrow I will post my LF slide which is being scanned. It's off the same scene but the sharpness is clearly visible.

These were taken with my Nikon F6 will no filters, and Provia 100.

Loren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yosemite Reflections-lc_000002_pr.jpg   Yosemite Reflections-lc_000003_pr.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Large Format: Yosemite Reflections

Here is my first scan for my large format. I will have to pick and choose carefully the scans I get since they are pricey, but I was very happy with this one.

This was the same scence but taken with a 150 mm lens (equiv to a 50mm), Provia 100 @ f/22 @ 1/2. I would have used f/45 but I didn't have watch on and it's important to watch the seconds.

I'm so happy with this set up. It's nerve wracking because you have so many things to worry about when taking a shot, but you give yourself more time and that's the zen part of it.

I've wanted to try LF for such a long time and I am very happy that I took the step. Karen is happy to as she finally got to upgrade her camera to my D200 which is now proudly hers.

Loren

off to Glacier....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yosemite Reflections-lc0001-adjusted-sv.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Yosemite Reflections

Even at the low resolution displayed on my monitor, the detail and clarity of the LF absolutly blows the 35mm away. I'm very envious of your new rig Loren, and of the trip you're on. I'm looking forward to seeing what other jewels you produce with the LF.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Yosemite Reflections

That is interesting how much more detailed the 4x5 frame is than the 35mm, even on the web! Hmm...
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Re: Large Format: Yosemite Reflections

Wow that is amazing detail....you see evey nook and cranny---Beautiful
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information