Yosemite pics #2

Printable View

• 05-30-2004, 09:56 PM
    schrackman
    3 Attachment(s)
    Yosemite pics #2
    These were taken from Glacier point. What a magnificent view! These are all that I will post for now until the others get home and post their photos.

#1 Half Dome at sunset. Didn't quite get the "glow" that evening but got a little.

#2 I could be wrong, but I believe this is Vernal Fall.

#3 Tenaya Canyon

Ray
  • 05-30-2004, 10:09 PM
    Sebastian
    I'm sorry, but after the first one the other two just pale in comparison. WOW, was the first thing out of my mouth as my eyes grew larger.

The clouds, the light and the way it focuses my eye on the mountain, and the mountain itself, it all just falls into place. I LOVE that shot.
  • 05-30-2004, 10:45 PM
    coloradoamigo
    Ditto to everything Seb said....
    That first shot blew me away. Ray, that shot is fantastic. Can't wait to see more. I've been to Yosemite, and to Glacier Point, back in '94. My wife and I will be going to Reno/Carson City area for her family reunion at the end of June. From there we are going to Tahoe for a week for our honeymoon. Never had one back in November, but we did get married in Estes Park, CO. and stayed there for a few days. Alot of folks go to Estes for their honeymoon, so maybe this is just a second honeymoon. ;) Unfortunately, we will not be making the 3 hour drive over to Yosemite (you don't even know how much I want to do that.) This IS a honeymoon, and my wife already thinks I spend too much time with "photography activities", so Yosemite was a no-go. She knows me too well. ;)
    Anyways, it's looks like you guys had a great time, and I can't wait to see all the great images from everyone.
    Ray, you need to frame and hang that first one.
    Brian
  • 05-31-2004, 07:23 AM
    b_slow
    Fantastic!
    You really hit the exposure on all of them, but you were at the right place at the right time for that first one. And I really love it when the clouds start creeping in. #2 and #3 are very good, but the first one is excellent!
  • 05-31-2004, 10:42 AM
    Spike
    Are you nuts?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schrackman
    #1 Half Dome at sunset. Didn't quite get the "glow" that evening but got a little.
    Ray

Umm, I think the lighting is fabulous in the first shot. You did a great job! It's really stunning, imho. I like #2 a lot too.

Spike
  • 05-31-2004, 10:08 PM
    schrackman
    Thank you everyone! Yes, I believe the half dome photo was my best out of all of them. But, I still have more to post. Brian has a great idea about keeping the comments to one thread, so this is the only reply I will give on this thread.

And Spike, believe it or not, half dome can turn to gold on the right evening. The glow in my photo is nothing compared to some photos I've seen.

Ray