And yet, another wedding.

Printable View

• 08-09-2004, 02:50 PM
    Hodgy
    And yet, another wedding.
  • 08-09-2004, 05:32 PM
    ACArmstrong
    Raising the bar again, I see. Great stuff. Keep posting them - I'm just getting inspired looking at them.
  • 08-09-2004, 09:08 PM
    natatbeach
    it takes forever to "work" on the stuff you want...mind boggling how much it takes to present a work of art as a posed to a regular shot. I really enjoy your artistry and I don't think your signature phrase could be any better...great stuff as usual...I love the children(I'm a bit biased)
  • 08-09-2004, 09:37 PM
    schrackman
    great stuff, Hodgy! I always enjoy looking at your work. I've got an informal pre-wedding photo shoot to do next month and viewing your images gives me lots of ideas. Thanks for sharing more wonderful photos.

Ray
  • 08-10-2004, 05:20 AM
    megan
    Cell phone!
    I love the shot with the cell phone! Great modern candid!

Megan
  • 08-11-2004, 01:48 PM
    Clicker
    These are awesome, I assume that you burned in the edges on the print of the groom in front of the church.... But I just wanted to say that it resembles Sabattier ! I really enjoy your cropping, the tightness and angles are great. Love the shot of the little boy in his tux @ the cool wooden door.
    Also, I wanted to ask
    1) Do you shoot all Digital?
    2) What equipment do you use?

Thanks for your time!
    Rachel
  • 08-11-2004, 02:03 PM
    Hodgy
    I shoot 100% digital, and have been for quite some time. I will not shoot film ever again. Before digital I shot with Canon AE-1's, Eos's and a Mamiya 645 with all the filters and gadgets.

Now I use 2 Canon 10D's with a 70-200 2.8, a 50 F1.8 28-135 F4, 85mmF1.8 and a 17-40 F4.

Shooting digital allows me to become my own cutom lab, now every one of my images that the client receives is a custom print. I post alot of funky images here, and alot of people think that I Jazz them up in PS, and I do, but only about 1/3 of the wedding. There are alot of candids and formals where all I do is burn and color tweek. I just make sure I get a good compostion and exposure to ensure this.

Take the below for instance, before I would have one of my cameras loaded with Kodak B&W, I would have my pro4 filtersystem attached to my 85mm F1.8 with a full dark vignette and a full soft. My lab would do any custom printing and the sepia tone. Now I do it myself. The vision is the same.

http://www.hodginsphotography.com/temp/jenraw.jpg

http://www.hodginsphotography.com/temp/jenfin.jpg
  • 08-11-2004, 02:19 PM
    Clicker
    Wow.
    You are an inspiration!
  • 08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
    berrywise
    but the best part about that photograph you posted an example of is that if it wasn't a posed photograph you would never have the time to put on all those filters and get yourself set to take it. So the perfect molment would have passed. With my PJ shooting style I like to roam when photographing an event. Sometime I have preconceived ideas of what I want from something but many time things just happen and I compose, expose and shoot. Then afterwards I can relook at that image and decide if I could make it any better.