ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photography is where you have been.

I love looking at portfolios of photographers. It tells a lot where they have been. Almost all of them have such stunning, remarkable, admirable, and awesome images. How did they get those photos? The bottom line is: they were there.
    From the microscopic slimey amoeba of a laboratory petri dish to the vast expanse of the continental ice shelf of the South Pole, the ravaged war torn streets of civil wars, the grand palette of the natural environment, these images never cease to elicit admiration.
    Photography is where you have been.

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

Re: Photography is where you have been.

well said, indeed.

Re: Photography is where you have been.

It is sometimes a bit intimidating posting in the midst of all these beautiful pictures of beautiful places. Photography is where you have been -- and where you are -- which is not always such a beautiful physical place.

My rambling is because I currently take care of my dad whose health is failing, and my photography leash is very short, which is sometimes rather frustrating. The silver lining photographically speaking is that I have the opportunity to attempt to learn the technical aspects -- which are many!

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Thread Information