ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Yesterday's Commute

I never stop when I'm driving to work. But yesterday was different. I think this is the best rainbow I've ever seen in my life. This was taken at an overlook next to Interstate 280, about 30 miles south of San Francisco. Pretty nice commute route, huh? 280 has been called the most beautiful freeway in the world.

Photo was taken with the Pentax *ist D and the 18-35mm kit lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yesterday's Commute-rainbow_280.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

That's an awesome picture. And, it looks like you weren't the only one stopping to take a picture of nature at its best.

Great photo PJ. That is a beautiful area, all along the coast. I was stationed at Ft. Ord, while in the Army, down on the Monterey Bay. Pretty, but expensive!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Cool Cool Shot PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I never stop when I'm driving to work. But yesterday was different. I think this is the best rainbow I've ever seen in my life. This was taken at an overlook next to Interstate 280, about 30 miles south of San Francisco. Pretty nice commute route, huh? 280 has been called the most beautiful freeway in the world.

While it is rare that I stop on my way to or from work to take photo's, it happens. This one was definitely worth stopping for! Great shot.

Pentax *ist D???? Wringing out the new camera, or are you thinking of switching systems? :-O
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Wow - looks like my commute! Not quite. Great shot John - good reminder to always carry a camera.

I like the Pentax a lot

I'm liking the Pentax a lot. While I don't think it would replace my Canon SLRs, it could certainly replace my Canon G2. And that's really how I've been using it. It's so small, yet so powerful compared to the G2. I don't feel like I'm making a compromise when I use it. And I always feel like that when I use the G2.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Talking Please frame it.........and then send it to me!

I LOVE rainbows! Awesome is an understatement. The rainbow, the photographer, the tree, the color, the sky, the background. The COMPOSITION! Wow. You should have this published. I think I'm going to print it out - I've never done that before, but I'll give it a shot (pun intended).

Thanks for posting it.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John

shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar

You have inspired me

I think I shall take a photo on my work tomorrow. As for your photo I love the guy up by the tree. I didn't see him until someone else pointed it out but now seeing it i think it adds a lot more to the shot.

Nothing like the good ol 280...

I drove that road last night, and even in the dark it's a pretty highway. Having rode that area many times, this picture is the PERFECT representation of that beautiful stretch as you leave Silicon Valley.

Thanks for posting and hey...we need to have dinner soon.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Thread Information