ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Under the harvest moon..

This is a shot that I posted over on the sports forum, but I thought it had a little cross over value. The post game prayer after an 8th grade football game this evening with a bright harvest moon shining above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Under the harvest moon..-dsc_3957-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Under the harvest moon..

Hi OT...as we all know, sports shots are all about timing and luck...and on this one...you had both. Very nice capture. I really like the lighting on the team. It kind of gives me the feel of an older football game where we didn't have the great lights we have nowadays. I'm not sure what can be done about the graininess of the moon, but it is still a great shot.!!! I love it.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Very much a photo of opportunity. I wasn't prepared for a moon shot with tripod and all. I under exposed on the players to try and maintain a little of the detail in the moon. I didn't get what I had hoped to but still I liked the overall feel of the image. Thanks for commenting.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Talking What are those guys doing -- gather vegetables or something?

[Big fat GRIN]

Nice shot OT. Did you walk around to line that one up?
    Cheers,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Re: What are those guys doing -- gather vegetables or something?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool
    [Big fat GRIN]

Nice shot OT. Did you walk around to line that one up?
    Cheers,
    Tim
    What happened on that was one of the mothers was trying to get the shot and she was upset that there were porta potties right behind the players. I was showing her how to get lower and have the players block the johns out. If you look closely you can still see the tops of a cople just over the players heads.

Nikon Samurai #13

Wow. Great capture.
    ----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Wow. Great capture.
    Thanks Chunk. After the fact I have thought of several ways to improve the shot, but as I said earlier I was still in my game shotting settings and didn't change anything. I wish I had taken a little more time and tried to do it right. this scene will not present itself very often. That moon was just perfect.

Nikon Samurai #13

Cool Re: Under the harvest moon..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    This is a shot that I posted over on the sports forum, but I thought it had a little cross over value. The post game prayer after an 8th grade football game this evening with a bright harvest moon shining above.

Great shot OT!!!!

I love the tranquil feel of the shot.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    Great shot OT!!!!

I love the tranquil feel of the shot.
    Thanks Speed. I was afraid you would see this post. Please forgive me for posting a moon shot like this, but I hope the overall feel of the shot overcomes the poor moon image.

Nikon Samurai #13

Liz

This is an exceptional shot, especially the subject and the mood. I love it! Of all of your images, this is my favorite - along with those of your new grandson - oh and the one of your sons - the one that made the whole USA proud!

You surely have a photographer's eye - and the heart to go with it - and might I add, the skills.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer

Thread Information