ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

Worthwhile upgrades this year for PMA?

It looks like the manufacturers are going to have some tough competition at PMA this year according to what I found from Panasonic. This is one of their new p&s cameras on the horizon - the zoom includes wide and long. I'm wondering if there will be more 4/3 cameras announced. :thumbsup:

ETA: Panasonic updated their website - the link now includes 5 new cameras.

http://www.panasonic.net/avc/lumix/p..._models.html#1

Liz

Re: Worthwhile upgrades this year for PMA?

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the LX3 I bought last fall. Someone else here bought one recently, so if you want to see good photography with one maybe he'll post a shot or two.

Interesting to see they're getting into the waterproof/dropproof market as well. I had thought about replacing my Olympus 720SW since the newest version is so much better, but I might hold off to see what the Lumix comes up with _after_ this one's out (usually version 2.0 is a big upgrade). That, and I'm cheap.

Liz

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the LX3 I bought last fall. Someone else here bought one recently, so if you want to see good photography with one maybe he'll post a shot or two.
    Hey there Steve!

Actually, I also purchased one a couple of months ago - and it's my favorite p&s of all time. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but it's in my weekly schedule now! I have some images on my SD card, but I haven't installed PSE7 yet, so as soon as I get a chance, I'll get them uploaded and share them.

Here are a few from the first times I used the LX3. These were my first tries with the camera straight out of the box - no pp. Not the best, but I haven't learned much about the settings yet. I had posted these previously - you've probably seen them.

Liz

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

We'll find out in a few weeks
    I don't know how many press releases will come out before PMA.
    Or maybe your first sight will be when we post the updates from the "sneak peek" pre-show on Monday March 2.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    We'll find out in a few weeks
    I don't know how many press releases will come out before PMA.
    Or maybe your first sight will be when we post the updates from the "sneak peek" pre-show on Monday March 2.
    Actually it's early for pre-PMA press releases. they usually begin the middle of February if I remember correctly.

In fact, Panasonic updated their press release - now it includes 5 new cameras. Interesting!

http://www.panasonic.net/avc/lumix/p..._models.html#1

Liz

Thread Information