ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Work in Progress: first art project

... in my new house at least... I am fascinated with the illusion and persception of images and scenes...and enjoy pouring over tromp loeil effects...so started what I think will be an effective treatment to a bland walkway...(excuse the dirty lense...)

the after and what it looked like before...now to pull up that awful brick "patio next to it...we may re-lay the bricks in a pattern or pour concrete and put pebbles and stuff in for visual appeal...we'll see... everyone talks about a new house being awesome for those of us that have like a rolodex of HGTV ideas in our brains---it's like letting a red headed stepchild with hyperactivity into a candy shop...it's crazy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Work in Progress: first art project-walkway.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Re: Work in Progress: first art project

DId you paint that? How cool!

Post directions!
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Liz

Nat - this looks really nice. You are very talented - and creative.

BTW, about the "dirty lens" if you talking about the "circles" on the first image, I think it's some kind of reflection. I did some shooting in the "dusk" the other evening and the image had the same type of thing. At first I thought it was the lens, but discovered none of the inside images had them. It had been raining and I think it was water and/or light reflection from the house or something.

Liz

concrete stain and a sea sponge and little water...free hand a slate pattern (google cobble stone patterns and do a little research) ...have new pics with some better tonal values---got a darker brown and will be doing some flickering of lighter tones for depth and texture...it's REALLY easy!
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thanks LIz... pretty much that's the beauty of your own place---every whacked idea you may have had you can now try out...if the landlord doesn't like it ---oh well I can always re-do it ;o)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information