woodie progress

Printable View

• 10-15-2004, 08:35 PM
    davef
    1 Attachment(s)
    woodie progress
    Hello all...yikes, it's been a long time since I've posted anything here. I've been busy with my non-photo project. Here is a quick shot of my woodie. It's coming together...slowly. Right after I snapped this shot I set about painting the fenders. Building a car from scratch isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be! I hope everyone is doing well.
    -dave
  • 10-16-2004, 01:49 AM
    Jezz
    Re: woodie progress
    That looks awesome, i love woodies, did you do the carpentry yourself?
  • 10-16-2004, 02:26 PM
    davef
    Re: woodie progress
    Yes, with help from my Dad (he's got 40 odd years in cabinet making). This is actually my first wood project since high school (a looong time ago), so it's nice to have some-one with experience to help me when I get stuck.... Woodies are great though, aren't they? Are there many old woodies down under?
  • 10-16-2004, 11:48 PM
    walterick
    She's comin along!
    Hello Dave,

I remember when you posted a "shop pic" of your woodie project before I met you, and I was impressed. This project seems to be cominng along very nicely! Can't wait to see the finished vehicle. But I know building it is reward enough. Are you going for a "custom" build or somethign truer to the original?

Rick
  • 10-17-2004, 06:09 AM
    davef
    Re: She's comin along!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Hello Dave,

I remember when you posted a "shop pic" of your woodie project before I met you, and I was impressed. This project seems to be cominng along very nicely! Can't wait to see the finished vehicle. But I know building it is reward enough. Are you going for a "custom" build or somethign truer to the original?

Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks. It's going to be truer to an original--tall skinny wheels and tires, mechanical brakes(yikes), and a 46 horsepower engine. It won't go fast, steer fast or stop fast, but it should be fun! -dave
  • 10-18-2004, 12:46 AM
    Jezz
    Re: She's comin along!
    Nah we dont see many, wish we had more, i always wanted to turn some of the modern wagons into woodie style beasts but i have insufficient funds so to speak.

Any way id love to see this one when it is finished, looks like some good work.,