• 01-23-2007, 07:06 PM
    walterick
    Winter 24 Hours! Pictures here!
    Here is the official picture thread for the 24 Hours project! Please keep this thread only for pictures and comments on the pictures. If you have any questions about the project, please post them <a href="http://forums.photographyreview.com/showthread.php?p=186391&posted=1#post186391">here. </a>

The 24 Hours Photo Assignment is an optional photo assignment open to all members of this website. It is a photo assignment in which everyone takes pictures in the same 24 hour period. The resulting photography creates a "slice of life" of the members on our board. The more people that play, and the more subjects they shoot, the more diverse and successful the project becomes! So shoot well, shoot often, and post your results here!

The assignment:
    1) Take pictures between midnight Tuesday and midnight Wednesday (24 hours) your time.
    2) Post them here.

I ask that people be generally selective in the number of pictures they post, in an effort to keep the size of the thread manageable. That being said, there is no limit on the number of pictures you can post.

If people make it a point to document, or take journalistic photos of their world, I think it adds to the "slice of life" feeling of the project.

As I have done in the past, I will create subheadings for the various times of day. This way, when people look at the thread the pictures will appear in the order in which they were shot during the day. If this confuses you, just hit reply to this post as you normally would and post away!

Ok, that's it. The project begins at midnight tonight YOUR TIME.

Have fun! :)
  • 01-23-2007, 07:09 PM
    walterick
    Midnight through Sunrise.
    Post your pictures from midnight tonight through and including sunrise tomorrow by hitting reply to this post.
  • 01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
    walterick
    Sunrise through Lunch.
    Post your pictures taken after sunrise through and including lunch here by hitting reply to this post.
  • 01-23-2007, 07:12 PM
    walterick
    Lunch through Afternoon.
    Post your pictures from after lunch through the afternoon by hitting reply to this post.
  • 01-23-2007, 07:14 PM
    walterick
    Evening through Midnight.
    Post your pictures from the evening (probably including dinner and sunset) through to midnight Wednesday night here!
  • 01-24-2007, 06:38 AM
    Speed
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Sunrise through Lunch.
    8:35 am, me, at work.

:-)
  • 01-24-2007, 08:55 AM
    I_Fly
    Ahhhhhh, my eyes!

Where was the warning? :)

Couldn't resist buddy. I'm a smart-alek thru and thru.

Guess I should download some of my shots so I can post them.
  • 01-24-2007, 09:09 AM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just remember Speed you were the one that started this. Done at the office with no editing software shortly after getting to work this morining. Believe me if I did this at home I'd look like Tom Cruise.
  • 01-24-2007, 09:12 AM
    Speed
    Oooopsie!
    Forgot the warning!

Sorry to do that to you fist thing in the morning buddy!

;-)
  • 01-24-2007, 09:15 AM
    Speed
    Believe me if I did this at home I'd look like Tom Cruise
    I believe you buddy. I've seen your wife, and she's too good looking to be married to a sour puss. You must be a good looking son of a gun.

;-)

"Just remember Speed you were the one that started this."

Yep, though I expected Rick or Nat to say something about it. Hey, you're one up on them!

:-D

PS: I'm just getting started!
  • 01-24-2007, 09:15 AM
    Old Timer
    4 Attachment(s)
    This is what I woke up to this morning. Not much by the standards that many of you have but enough to complicate thing a bit. I had decided to do all my 24 hour photos with the P&S and I posting them from the office where I don't have Photo Shop. First of all a couple of scenes in the back yard and then my walk to the office and the parking lot. Hope I get a chance to do some more today. I always like these 24 hour challenges. Looks like they posted in reverse. Oh well you get the point.
  • 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
    Axle
    Re: Winter 24 Hours! Pictures here!
  • 01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
    Didache
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hi there .. with all the morning ones, I thought I'd do a late afternoon one. This is me about 6pm stirring the spaghetti. Taken with the self timer (which I had to look up in the manual as I had never used that feature before). For the eagle-eyed, that is the lens cap on the kitchen counter!

Cheers
    Mike

PS the Spaghetti was delicious even if I say so myself :D
  • 01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
    cr_mmurillo
    1 Attachment(s)
    My morning work tools.
  • 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cr_mmurillo
    My morning work tools.

I have that cup! Got it for Xmas along with the Starbuck ornaments and a giftcard.
  • 01-24-2007, 12:15 PM
    adina
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Post your pictures taken after sunrise through and including lunch here by hitting reply to this post.

My morning....

First, a bit of work.
  • 01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
    adina
    2 Attachment(s)
    Then a peek outside to see what the weather was like. Hmmm...cold and snowy, big shock there.

On to shoes, which ones to wear, they are all piled up because we had the floors refinished two weeks ago and I haven't gotten to them yet.
  • 01-24-2007, 12:18 PM
    adina
    4 Attachment(s)
    Morning
    Then put the dog away so I can run errands, she's not too happy about it.

First stop, coffee. They harass me to death about my Starbucks travel cup, but it does the job. Once I realized how many to-go cups were in my garbage, I decided to pick one of these up. It's not Starbucks coffee, just the cup.

Then, on to the grocery store, and rush home to let the dog out and take her for a run.
  • 01-24-2007, 12:22 PM
    Axle
    A short walk through my place of work revealed some interesting views...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...24/photo04.jpg
    Advertising Student's do up windows, this one caught my eye

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...24/photo05.jpg
    A not so quiet place to have lunch

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...24/photo06.jpg
    Tim Hortons...an essential stop for any Canadian at least once every 24 hours
  • 01-24-2007, 01:12 PM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Lunch through Afternoon.
    I'm late to my own party :)

Here's an artsy project I've been working on recently. Unfortunately, I stepped on him and broke him :( Plus his arms got amputed in a tragic scroll saw accident. Poor guy.

More later!
  • 01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
    Photo-John
    2 Attachment(s)
    At The House
    I'm doing my best to make it wintery. But unfortunately, it's beautiful here today. My feet did get pretty cold when I went out in the backyard with no shoes or socks on, though :D

The first photo is pretty obvious. The second is a closeup of withered squash vines in the garden. I liked the texture.
  • 01-24-2007, 01:51 PM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Okay, since you guys are throwing your hats into the "raw & untouched" ring I'll be brave too :D
  • 01-24-2007, 01:51 PM
    Axle
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...24/photo07.jpg
    I'm digging our new dual monitor setup at work. Double the productivity. Windows on one screen, and a SSH shell into a Linux box on the other. :D
  • 01-24-2007, 01:53 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Cell
    This is where I spend most of the hours of most of my days. Wide shot courtesy of the 16:9 aspect ratio option on the Panasonic Lumix LX2 digital camera I'm currently testing.
  • 01-24-2007, 01:55 PM
    Photo-John
    What's that ya got fer lunch, axle? Are you sharing? Cause it looks tasty and I'm getting hungry!