White Sands...

Printable View

• 03-19-2004, 10:32 AM
    darkman
    4 Attachment(s)
    White Sands...
    Brianc asked me to post these. They are from last Saturday morning at white sands NM. It rained all night and started clearing up in the morning. I took about 8 compositions and had to leave. I hope you enjoy them.

Mike
  • 03-19-2004, 10:34 AM
    darkman
    1 Attachment(s)
    One more
    Delibrately underexposed for the moodylook.
  • 03-19-2004, 12:18 PM
    Spike
    Where the heck did my first reply go?
    Doh! OK, this may turn in to a repeat post if my original replies show up.

Anyway, I like these shots a lot. They are simple in a way - geometric, basically only two colors, uncluttered. But I really enjoy the different levels: first is the great texture on the sand from the rain. This is seen in the shots that include closeups. But then there is the pattern of the ripples in the sand. And finally there is the pattern of the dunes themselves. There really is a lot to appreciate in your compositions.

Spike
  • 03-19-2004, 12:26 PM
    Old Timer
    Superb Images
    Great job Mike. These are beautiful images excellent use of light to highlight the texture of the sand. The last photo is a great mood image. Post more images you are a leader here and we need more of your influence.
  • 03-19-2004, 06:30 PM
    I_Fly
    The "mood" shot works...
    for me! I also like the first shot. The others are interesting but the first and last (mood) shots really caught my eye.

I like the desolate, untouched feel to all of them also. Great job Mike.
  • 03-20-2004, 07:44 AM
    SCOOTERINSLC
    Nice....
    These are great shots! Thanx for posting them.
  • 03-22-2004, 09:27 AM
    darkman
    Thanks for looking...
    and taking the time to reply. I appreciate all your comments. It seemed you liked the first and last. My wife liked the second one the best (but we see it bigger than this). We both liked the last one. However, we both thought it was too typical a ws shot.

Thanks again,

Mike