• 08-17-2006, 10:23 PM
    schrackman
    1 Attachment(s)
    While out shooting the mooos....
    er, news that is. Went out today to snap a few pics for our newspaper at the open house for the new high school in Beaumont, in the town next door to us. On my way home I spotted this cow and tried to get a closeup because I liked his big horns. But he was too skiddish and ran away, so I had to settle for this. The sun had already set so I was almost out of available light. Shot at 400 ISO with my 18-50mm and a bit of flash.
  • 08-23-2006, 06:58 PM
    walterick
    Re: While out shooting the mooos....
    Hey Ray, I missed this one!

This shot lends a nice sense of space. It makes me think more of Montana than southern California :) Hard to imagine you have that much land out there!

BTW, I managed to not see your dinosaurs again?!
  • 08-23-2006, 10:45 PM
    schrackman
    Re: While out shooting the mooos....
    [QUOTE=walterick]Hey Ray, I missed this one!

This shot lends a nice sense of space. It makes me think more of Montana than southern California :) Hard to imagine you have that much land out there![quote]

yes, this is actually the northern part of banning/beaumont, off highland springs rd. Very pretty, but it is getting lost fast to tract housing. One of these days these fields will be gone for good. I hope to go back tomorrow and hopefully the sky will cooperate to where I can get a good sunset shot.

Quote:

BTW, I managed to not see your dinosaurs again?!
    What??? Rick, they are life-sized replicas! You CANNOT miss dinosaurs on the landscape, lol. You must have been pre-occupied when you drove past them. Probably got distracted by the big windmills around that area.