ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Here I am...

Here I am...

Okay - Hubby and I from the lookout at Windy Ridge at Mt. St. Helen's. To give some perspective to those who are unfamiliar...you need to climb 'steps' to the top. About a trillion of them - so it seems when the temperature is in the 90's - like it was on that particular day. However - the heat exhaustion was well worth it because the view was spectacular. The mountain was emitting steam, the wild flowers were blooming and the company was exceptional! And, for those who are wondering, my car is the red vibe on the right - next to the other red car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here I am...-mt.-st.-helens-resized.jpg   Here I am...-stairs-resized.jpg  

Re: Here I am...

We lived there for 3 yrs and never did make it to the mountain But before we moved it was showing a LOT of activity. I assume it has settled down again. They were getting worried for a bit lol
    Great shots!
    Amber
    Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Nice to meet you Amanda!

I've seen St Helens from the air, but never made it down to her base. So where are the pictures from the rim?
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

She's settled down quite a bit, but still building a lava dome. There are small earthquakes there almost daily. The pictures were taken at Windy Ridge. This is a lateral point from where the side of the mountain blew out. You can see into the crater over our shoulders. It is amazing driving up there. You are in lush green forest - then suddenly you are in the blast zone - which still looks almost like a moonscape. The dead trees are standing - but no bark - like the photo of the stump I posted. There is some regrowth happening - but amazingly slow. The day were were there she was sending some steam up. If you are interested I can look through my photos and see if I can find one. I feel quite fortunate to live between Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier. Lots of beautiful things to see!!

Thread Information