• 06-16-2006, 03:33 PM
    Old Timer
    3 Attachment(s)
    What's Your Biggest Print?
    What is the biggest one of your images has ever been enlarged? Well I recently set my personal record. I took some photographs for a reading festival that is coming up later this month. One of the images was used for a billboard. It's what they call a mini billboard and I think the size is about 5x11 feet. I had done the photos for free since it is a function for the local library and the school system and one of my wife's projects at work. All I ask for was photo credit, which it my suprise I got. Here is the billboard and the orginal image.
  • 06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
    adina
    Re: What's Your Biggest Print?
    Well how cool for you!

My biggest that I've printed is 30x40. Biggest I've sold is 24x30.
  • 06-16-2006, 04:55 PM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Larry, that's incredible! Congratulations!

Biggest I've gone is 20x30. It looks smart hanging on my bedroom wall :)
  • 06-16-2006, 04:58 PM
    Old Timer
    Other than this my biggest is 16x20. And I've done several of those over the years.
  • 06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Larry, that's incredible! Congratulations!

Biggest I've gone is 20x30. It looks smart hanging on my bedroom wall :)

Rick your star trail pictures are one of the things that hooked me on PR several years ago. Love them.
  • 06-16-2006, 05:20 PM
    adina
    1 Attachment(s)
    one of my largest sold. 15x30 on canvas, for above mom and dads bed
  • 06-16-2006, 06:22 PM
    livin4lax09
    11x14! I know, I'm not very fun.
  • 06-16-2006, 06:31 PM
    zrfraser
    8x10... now you can feel better Brent.

Z
  • 06-16-2006, 07:18 PM
    I_Fly
    Wow OT,
    That's awesome.

I've had several shots printed at 20x30 and sold most of them.
  • 06-16-2006, 07:30 PM
    Loupey
    That's great, OT!

I'll bet that everyone in the shot is just as happy as you!
  • 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
    livin4lax09
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zrfraser
    8x10... now you can feel better Brent.

Z

actually I lied. I had a couple 11x14's printed for my senior project, but I sold them. so, i guess it's 8x10 as well. I'm right there with ya.
  • 06-17-2006, 06:17 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loupey
    That's great, OT!

I'll bet that everyone in the shot is just as happy as you!

This was a four generation family photo. The whole idea was to promote the family reading together. The Reading Festival will have events for all ages with authors doing readings of their books and lots of activities for the younger readers.
  • 06-17-2006, 01:26 PM
    Kokopeli
    Hiyas Rick..

This shot reminds me of either Monument Valley or Capitol Reef NP, Utah.. Where was this taken?
  • 06-17-2006, 05:41 PM
    mjs1973
    That's great Larry!!

16x24 is my biggest, and it's hanging on the wall right behind me.
  • 06-17-2006, 06:13 PM
    Lava Lamp
    I did a 20 x 30 poster last year for one of my few paid jobs. I've printed more and more 11 x 14 prints over the last few years, though. I find that when I print them I get bored with them pretty quick and they never hang for long.

About your print, though: I think it is awesome you got on a billboard. That you did it free for a good cause is icing on the cake. Maybe you could find a way to credit the commerical value of a billboard shot on your taxes as a charitable contribution -- I would think a professional would charge a few thousand.

It's also a very nice photo. Bravo.
  • 06-18-2006, 10:30 AM
    drg
    Congratulations on joining those who've been shown in "Large Scale"! I've had a few billboards and been involved with Semi-Trailer artwork. I regularly have 1m square images for display run on one of the big ink-jets. (There's one in my gallery but at much smaller scale)

The part though I bet you really like is seeing your name at that size! :D

Good shot and congratulations - even if they did pick a French Children's book!
  • 06-18-2006, 01:43 PM
    Janie
    Wow - and your name is big too! Great advertising! Kudos to you!
  • 06-18-2006, 02:16 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Janie
    Wow - and your name is big too! Great advertising! Kudos to you!

All I ask for was photo credit, but I never figured that It would be that prominent. Never can tell that might add up to a little more business somewhere down the line.
  • 06-18-2006, 03:08 PM
    Liz
    OT - just want to say Congratulations! Good for you! I hope it does bring you some business.

So far my biggest print has been 8 x 10. :blush2:

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    All I ask for was photo credit, but I never figured that It would be that prominent. Never can tell that might add up to a little more business somewhere down the line.

• 06-18-2006, 06:39 PM
    another view
    Looks like you don't have much competition with a print this big! :) Not from me either with 24x36 being my biggest... Congrads!
  • 06-18-2006, 07:28 PM
    Old Timer
    Well this isn't like a quality print or anything, but I did think it was kind of neat to see my photo used that big.
  • 06-18-2006, 07:36 PM
    ken1953
    Wow OT...fantastic!!!! So far 8 1/2x11 is my largest!! Your work is always inspiring.
    Ken
  • 06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
    Skyman
    16X20 in one photo, but i also did a series of nightime shots of the sydney harbour bridge and opera house at night during the 2000 olympics that depicts them with different coulours being projected onto them so i had 4 shots with different colouring marking the changes printed as 4 landscape 8x12s and mounted together - does that qualify as 1 image? it is about 18x45
  • 06-18-2006, 08:13 PM
    Ronnoco
    16" X 20" shot at 1/8 second handheld from the top of a "not so solid" building in Montreal at dusk.

Ronnoco
  • 06-18-2006, 09:20 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman
    16X20 in one photo, but i also did a series of nightime shots of the sydney harbour bridge and opera house at night during the 2000 olympics that depicts them with different coulours being projected onto them so i had 4 shots with different colouring marking the changes printed as 4 landscape 8x12s and mounted together - does that qualify as 1 image? it is about 18x45

I don't see why not. I'd count it. Love to see it, bet it was a dilly.