• 06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
    Speed
    Re: What's Your Biggest Print?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    What is the biggest one of your images has ever been enlarged? Well I recently set my personal record. I took some photographs for a reading festival that is coming up later this month. One of the images was used for a billboard. It's what they call a mini billboard and I think the size is about 5x11 feet. I had done the photos for free since it is a function for the local library and the school system and one of my wife's projects at work. All I ask for was photo credit, which it my suprise I got. Here is the billboard and the orginal image.

Congratulations my friend! Now that's a big print!

Makes my 16X20 seem right puny....
  • 06-19-2006, 02:59 PM
    mtbbrian
    You Go Larry!
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The biggest I have ever done comes close, at 3'x5'.
    I did it back in college, in a class that was called something like "Large Format Photography", where we printed our stuff big rather than using a large format camera.

Brian
  • 06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
    freygr
    So far the largest print has been 12 by 94 inchs, with one coming up to be printed soon 12 by 114 inches.
  • 06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
    livin4lax09
    and the "panorama madness" in the signature fits right in...
  • 06-19-2006, 10:18 PM
    walterick
    Hey Brian

This is actually in Arches Nat'l Park. I took it right from the side of the road, not too far into the park.

And Larry, thanks for the comment!
  • 06-20-2006, 04:31 AM
    natatbeach
    how cool is that!--- 30x40 is my biggest

you win! :)
  • 06-20-2006, 04:46 AM
    Chunk
    Congrats on the big shot Larry. Good of you to help the community too.

I used to do some 36x50 or 60 once in a while for presentations at work, but they weren't that good a quality when done on our plotter.
  • 06-20-2006, 05:33 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk
    Congrats on the big shot Larry. Good of you to help the community too.

I used to do some 36x50 or 60 once in a while for presentations at work, but they weren't that good a quality when done on our plotter.

Hey Chunk nice to hear from you. I must be hanging out on the wrong forums I haven't heard much form you lately. Hope your summer is off to a great start. Got that motorcycle all tuned up and ready for a cross country soon?
  • 06-20-2006, 08:14 AM
    berrywise
    While in college I worked in a lab that had a big ink jet printer that printed from rolled paper that was 30" wide. I would go in on Saturdays when the laid back manager was working and rock off huge prints, ahh how I miss those days. I've also done some big six by six foot black and white printing using liquid light.

I always have wondered how much a billboard costs to print and what kind of technology they use to make them.
  • 06-20-2006, 10:10 AM
    Old Timer
    That really rocks that you had access to the equipment to make that size prints. I wish that I could tell you more about the billboard process, but I just provided the picture file and the billboard guy took it from there.
  • 06-25-2006, 08:05 PM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Hey Chunk nice to hear from you. I must be hanging out on the wrong forums I haven't heard much form you lately. Hope your summer is off to a great start. Got that motorcycle all tuned up and ready for a cross country soon?

June has been rallies in NC, WI, and SD. I'm on the way home now.
  • 06-25-2006, 08:14 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk
    June has been rallies in NC, WI, and SD. I'm on the way home now.

Hope to be hearing a lot more from you once your back at the old homestead. Hope the rallies went well.
  • 06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
    ChrisWade
    I have to jump in here...

The biggest single large print I've made was 44" X 192" for a movie company.

I did 9 single prints for an artist at 44" X 168"....(they got hung in the Smithsonian Museum at an exhibition)

And my very largest project was a 144" X 144" mural in sections for another artist.

In case your wondering I own an Epson 44" 10000CF printer.

Chris
    www.perfect-pixs.com
  • 06-30-2006, 03:04 PM
    megan
    18"x62"... mounted on gatorboard. Rather fun to transport!
  • 06-30-2006, 07:54 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWade
    I have to jump in here...

The biggest single large print I've made was 44" X 192" for a movie company.

I did 9 single prints for an artist at 44" X 168"....(they got hung in the Smithsonian Museum at an exhibition)

And my very largest project was a 144" X 144" mural in sections for another artist.

In case your wondering I own an Epson 44" 10000CF printer.

Chris
    www.perfect-pixs.com

Those most have been awsome. Love to see one of my real photgraphs that size.
  • 06-30-2006, 07:56 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    18"x62"... mounted on gatorboard. Rather fun to transport!

What was the subject on a print with those dimensions?
  • 06-30-2006, 11:54 PM
    tink
    Best I can do is this one which was put on a 20x30 canvas. Does it count that my daughter is on a huge poster at Target???

http://static.flickr.com/65/178867695_2e4907a767.jpg

Fantastic shot there Old Timer, it must be a great honor having your name up on a huge bill board :D
  • 07-01-2006, 08:33 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tink
    Best I can do is this one which was put on a 20x30 canvas. Does it count that my daughter is on a huge poster at Target???

Fantastic shot there Old Timer, it must be a great honor having your name up on a huge bill board :D

Great shot Tink. Love it. It reminds me of an old W. Eugene Smith phot that is one of my very favorites of all time. I think the poster counts as well.
  • 07-01-2006, 01:45 PM
    tink
    Someone else told me that too Old Timer. I have searched for it but cant seem to find it. I love this shot too, have no idea how I got the idea to do it, it was a spontaneous decision when I took it. If you know where to find Smith's shot I'd love to see it :D

Thanks for the comments :D