• 06-21-2004, 09:45 AM
    Kokopeli
    What's the last movie you went to see?
    I took my boys to see "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azcaban" on its opening weekend. It was a pretty good movie and possibly my favorite of the three..

So now it's your turn.. What was the last movie you actually went to the theather to see?
    ~Brian
  • 06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
    Sebastian
    Kill Bill Vol. 2.

Haven't had the need to see anything since...the flick was incredibly satisfying, both in story and presentation. Quentin is incredible.
  • 06-21-2004, 10:19 AM
    adina
    Shrek 2
    Took the girls out on the town, saw a movie, out to dinner, the whole 9 yards.

It was hysterical.

adina
  • 06-21-2004, 10:32 AM
    natatbeach
    Chronicles of Riddick

I liked it... and I loved Pitch Black... :D
  • 06-21-2004, 10:44 AM
    berrywise
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Took the girls out on the town, saw a movie, out to dinner, the whole 9 yards.

It was hysterical.

adina

I thought the movie was The Whole Ten Yards errr wait Shrek 2 :)
  • 06-21-2004, 11:00 AM
    Pose
    The Day After Tomorrow, or whatever it's called. Good movie, but there were some ehh..stupid parts. I think they ran out of story line, and tried beefing it up with off-the-wall stuff.

I really want to see that I, Robot movie. Wonder when it comes out?
  • 06-21-2004, 11:04 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    Gladiator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokopeli
    So now it's your turn.. What was the last movie you actually went to the theather to see?
    ~Brian

My niece took me to see Gladiator way back when it was first released. Haven't been inside a theatre since. All video or DVD these days.
  • 06-21-2004, 11:06 AM
    Kokopeli
    Mid July...
    I think...

It does look pretty good. I'll likely see that one at the theater as well.

Thanks for playing!
    ~Brian
  • 06-21-2004, 11:11 AM
    Kokopeli
    I tend to...
    Watch DVDs at home as well, but there are a few movies that beg to be seen on the big screen. For instance, most any sci-fi or special effect flick (Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars (all), Gladiator, Harry Potter films, etc.) should be seen BIG. All the rest can wait to be seen on my 27" screen.

Thanks for playing Michael!
    ~Brian
  • 06-21-2004, 12:32 PM
    Ultra Magnus
    I loved pitch black too. I havnt found many others that do though. I still wating to see chronicles of riddick.
  • 06-21-2004, 01:07 PM
    Speed
    Shrek 2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokopeli
    I took my boys to see "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azcaban" on its opening weekend. It was a pretty good movie and possibly my favorite of the three..

~Brian

And it was every bit as good as the original!

The last one we saw before that was The Last Samurai. Awesome movie, and when it came out on DVD, we got a copy.
  • 06-22-2004, 06:35 AM
    megan
    Return of the King?
    Twice, it was fantastic... and I'm a pervy hobbit fancier.
    No! actually, it was Starsky and Hutch. I went with Reg. Cars go vroom.

Megan
  • 06-22-2004, 10:53 AM
    Judland
    Going to the movies is something my wife and I rarely do these day. Not because we don't like watching movies, but we don't appreciate the way the movie industry does its advertising.

Okay, granted, a ticket is now somewhere between $8.00 and $10.00, and I'd pay it. However, that's not enough for them. We are also forced to sit through 20 minutes of commercials before the show. I'm not talking previews here. I mean actual commercials you'd see on TV.

We reserve our trips to the movies for those that we REALLY want to see.

Last one we went to see: Lord of the Rings - Return of the King.

All the rest will have to wait until out on DVD. Which isn't so bad. We have a pretty good surround sound / atmosphere sound processor. We're saving up for a 100' LCD projector to really bring the theatre home.
  • 06-22-2004, 07:47 PM
    coloradoamigo
    My wife and I...
    don't go to alot of movies. She goes with her mother more than me, to see the "chick flicks".
    The last movie we did go see was LOTR: The Return of the King. I agree with Kokopeli, those movies need to be seen on the BIG screen. I love all of those movies.
    But every one in awhile we will go see a comedy together, like "Old School". Oh man, I love that movie. I can just look at Will Ferrell and start laughing.

(I'm so cold....I think I see Blue....he looks GLORIOUS...)
  • 06-23-2004, 05:40 AM
    Charles Hess
    Rained pretty hard for awhile in Manhatten yesterday, so I took in The Day After Tomorrow ... stupid, stupid lines dished out by decent actors, scary but believable premise(more scary since I was in NYC), amazing special effects. Last movie before that? X-Files, the movie ... don't go to movies much. :-)