• 04-28-2006, 02:41 PM
    adina
    Re: What have you traded your pics for?
    Bumping this up....

I just got an offer for organic beef (locally raised) and massages.

Oh yeah baby. Better than adulation from grateful models anyday!
  • 04-28-2006, 03:17 PM
    Photo-John
    Tires
    Anyone need bike tires? I've got a garage full of mountain bike tires that I've been paid with. I think I'm done with that, though. I can't use them fast enough and they are hard to sell.
  • 05-01-2006, 04:41 PM
    PhotoRon286
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    Hm, I can't talk about that on a family forum :)
    Just kidding... sort of. :D
    I've traded photos for other photos, paintings, and cd's. (Cd's that the person I was trading with did.)

Megan
    :D

I am a huge music fan, with a primary interest in the Allman Brothers Band. The band allows audience recording, and I have a huge collection of concerts on cd. Every year they play a run of 10-15 shows over the course of three weeks at the Beacon theater in NYC. I had a person approach me about trading the cd's I had of all 14 of this years' shows for two Metz CT-60 flash units, with battery packs and chargers. He got out of the business several years ago, and the flashes were all he had left laying around. This will give me four of those units. I plan on using them for hockey action, one in each corner of the rink, triggered by slaves. Highly portable, good amount of light for making those barn-like rinks more photo friendly. Not exactly trading photos for __________, but close.
  • 05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
    CaSousa
    I gave a friend of mine a framed 10x15 of the Caribean, and a photo shoot of him in the city when he hooked me up with a new iBook for about $600. I think it was a pretty good deal! It's a plus that he loves the shots I took of him.

~Chris
  • 05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
    fotomatt
    Quote:

I've traded photos for other photos, paintings, and cd's. (Cd's that the person I was trading with did.)

Megan

Too funny Megan!

I'd have to agree that I've traded for some weird stuff. :blush2:

But probably the weirdest is trading for money!

IMAGINE! Actually receiving money for your photographs!

:idea:
  • 05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
    fotomatt
    Quote:

Megan

Too funny Megan!

I'd have to agree ;~) that I've traded for some weird stuff.

But probably the weirdest is trading for money!

IMAGINE! Actually receiving money for your photographs!
  • 05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
    megan
    Money rocks! That's the best trade. Actually, some recent trades were:
    -- 2 drink tickets (they just used the photo for an invitation/flyer - and it's a not-for-profit.)
    -- Knitting lessons
    -- A music cd (created by the person that I traded with.)
  • 06-28-2008, 10:03 AM
    mjs1973
    Bump.

At the local farmers market this morning, I traded 3 photo greeting cards for some purple balloon flowers.

Last summer I traded a panorama print of a sandhill crane to a guy who made me a frame for the same print.

Anyone else make any photo trades lately?
  • 06-28-2008, 09:18 PM
    megan
    A friend of mine is giving me some old hot lights against any future photos.
    I also traded a photo for some flan this past Christmas!
    The best trade is trading photos for money... need to do that more.
  • 06-29-2008, 09:37 AM
    adina
    This past year I had all the rooms in my house stripped down to the original wood and refinished, the living room and stairs carpeted, and Italian tiles put down in the front hall. And a ton of jewelry.

And yes, all of the was reported on my taxes. Some beef is one thing, thousands of dollars of work on the house is not something I want coming back to bite me.
  • 06-29-2008, 09:38 AM
    adina
    btw...in exchange I did a wedding, maternity and newborn photos. I've got another maternity and newborn coming up, but am out of floors. We are thinking....
  • 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM
    Wild Wassa
    The guys I work with, they would say that they trade me things for photographs. If they pull their weight and we have prerformed well, then I will give them photographs of them hanging around boats. If they haven't performed well, or they don't see the camera during a race ... they know I'm not happy.

I think a win or two traded for a photo or two ... is a fair trade in my profession.

Warren.
  • 06-29-2008, 03:28 PM
    splats
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I guess that would be almost as good as bike parts eh!
    :rolleyes: :D :p ;)
    Brian

I got some Mt Biking DVD's, and then those Pics were used on one of the DVD's
  • 06-29-2008, 05:12 PM
    fotomatt
    A case of wine! :thumbsup:

I just did a photoshoot for a local company that hosts wine bottling and labeling parties! Ordinarily, I would never shoot for just trade, but it was a simple one-hour event and the host saw that my glass was never empty while I "worked"!

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...

"fotomatt"

LITfoto

LITfoto blog
  • 06-29-2008, 07:48 PM
    moschika
    i traded a framed print for food at my favorite, though now closed:( japanese restaurant. i had some prints on display there and the owners really like them, but couldn't afford to buy them for home - they were starting their business and any extra $$ went to it - so we traded a print for food. :thumbsup:
  • 06-29-2008, 11:54 PM
    livin4lax09
    lots of swimming lessons.
  • 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM
    Photo-John
    Grape Juice
    Great to see this thread resurrected!

I've traded for tons of mountain bike parts. The best thing I traded for was a complete bike, worth about $3500. That was for catalog and advertising photos. And it was a bike I was planning to buy anyway and am still riding :)

But the weirdest thing was probably grape juice. I just did some pet portraits for my cousin and she gave me a quart of homemade grape juice. I wasn't going to charge her anything. But the grape juice is delicious and I wasn't about to turn down a quart of it. In fact, I'm hoping to get some more from her. After all, the work I did was probably worth at least 10 quarts :D
  • 01-26-2010, 02:31 PM
    mjs1973
    BUMB :)

I made another trade for a photograph recently. I traded an 8x12 photo of a whooping crane for a Lowepro MiniTrekker camera bag.

Anyone make any trades for their work lately?
  • 01-26-2010, 11:49 PM
    Jimmy B
    I had a 20x 30 poster made up for a fund raiser last weekend for the local mtn bike park. The Father of the rider in the shot said he wanted it out right and wrote a check out for $75.00 for the fund raiser. Not a trade but i felt good about it!
    Jimmy B