ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Went to the Oakland Zoo today...(lots of pics)

I hadn't been to the Oakland Zoo in over 26yrs The last time I was at the Oakland Zoo was back in 1980 for my first kindergarten field trip. I remembered exactly how to get there but it looks like stuff has changed a bit since I was last there :lol: My wife asked me if I wanted to go with her and the girl she looks after so I jumped all over it. I haven't been to a zoo with my new camera. The last 2 Zoo's I was at were the San Francisco zoo last year (Nikon Coolpix 3200) and the Taronga Zoo in Sydney, Australia (Canon Powershot A20) in Dec 2003. The Taronga Zoo has awsome views of Sydney since you have to take a ferry to get there. I'll share some of those pics one of these days. Today I used my Nikon D50 with my 70-300 Quantaray lens. Anyways, here are a few shots from earlier today or I guess yesterday now. Enjoy

Here below is my favorite shot of the day. Aren't they just adorable

Dave

Re: Went to the Oakland Zoo today...(lots of pics)

the shot of the monkey is the best in my opinion ... and I have a thing for bengal tigers ... to bad he wasn't on the prowl ... them things just are amazing ...

some great shots though ... in the spring i am planning a trip to the zoo ...
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Re: Went to the Oakland Zoo today...(lots of pics)

Quote Originally Posted by WsW-WYATT-EARP
    the shot of the monkey is the best in my opinion ... and I have a thing for bengal tigers ... to bad he wasn't on the prowl ... them things just are amazing ...

some great shots though ... in the spring i am planning a trip to the zoo ...
    I was kind of bummed because the Monkies were really active right when we walked up and I wasn't all dialed in so they are dark. Here are some more Monkey shots though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Went to the Oakland Zoo today...(lots of pics)-dsc_3138-small-.jpg   Went to the Oakland Zoo today...(lots of pics)-dsc_3139-small-.jpg   Went to the Oakland Zoo today...(lots of pics)-dsc_3140-small-.jpg  

Thread Information