well they got me.

Printable View

• 08-20-2009, 08:03 AM
    racedraper
    well they got me.
    A tow company towed my car off the other day saying I was in violation of a no parking area. well I paid 5 bucks to park in this parking lot downtown KC. There have been a problem with tow companies scamming people. Well anyway I found my car 2 days later and guess what. I left my camera bag in the trunk cause I did a shoot that day , well my car was broken into while it was at there shop. They said they never went into the car cause they had no keys. Well I see the damaged they cause by using a slim jim. I drive a 06 VW Passat. Anyway all my gear is gone, everything, my alien bees box was ripped open, my memory card holders were tossed around. the did leave my camera body cap behind.im at a what 6k lose. Well I reported to the police and my insurance company. We will see what comes from it. Sorry Im a little P.O'd right now. I called the tow company and they said well its your word against mine and prove it. and laughed when they hung up the phone.
  • 08-20-2009, 08:17 AM
    CaraRose
    Re: well they got me.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by racedraper
    A tow company towed my car off the other day saying I was in violation of a no parking area. well I paid 5 bucks to park in this parking lot downtown KC. There have been a problem with tow companies scamming people. Well anyway I found my car 2 days later and guess what. I left my camera bag in the trunk cause I did a shoot that day , well my car was broken into while it was at there shop. They said they never went into the car cause they had no keys. Well I see the damaged they cause by using a slim jim. I drive a 06 VW Passat. Anyway all my gear is gone, everything, my alien bees box was ripped open, my memory card holders were tossed around. the did leave my camera body cap behind.im at a what 6k lose. Well I reported to the police and my insurance company. We will see what comes from it. Sorry Im a little P.O'd right now. I called the tow company and they said well its your word against mine and prove it. and laughed when they hung up the phone.

That sucks big time >:(. Hopefully you'll be able to get some action from the authorities.

When did the Lincoln Park Pirates leave Chicago for KC?
  • 08-20-2009, 08:18 AM
    racedraper
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CaraRose
    That sucks big time >:(. Hopefully you'll be able to get some action from the authorities.

When did the Lincoln Park Pirates leave Chicago for KC?

they do the same thing there as well but its called power and light district.
  • 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM
    cm_mtb
    Wow... that really does suck. I hope at the very least you get back the full monetary value of your equipment through insurance.

Towing companies run a pretty shady business around here too. None are employed by the city; it's just a bunch of guys driving around in tow trucks trying to make easy money.

Once again, good luck!
  • 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
    racedraper
    the adjuster is on his way right now. I called all my camera shops and they emailed my receipts which will help a lot. They asked if im a professional and use it to make money and of coarse I said no. just shoot the kids and they hobby became an obsession . lol If i said yes I make money off it it will only be covered 25% of the value:mad2:
  • 08-20-2009, 09:43 AM
    cm_mtb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by racedraper
    If i said yes I make money off it it will only be covered 25% of the value:mad2:

What kind of coverage do you have?
  • 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
    herg
    that does suck. i say it's time for some vigilante justice, after you get your insurance money of course. or else it might be suspicious.
  • 08-20-2009, 11:00 AM
    Old Timer
    Had two cameras and assorted lenses stolen out of my car several years ago in a restaurant parking lot. Home owners insurance cover them less my deductible. Good Luck!
  • 08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
    Alison
    That's terrible!