• 08-19-2004, 03:29 PM
    Photo-John
    Welcome, almo - New Gallery Moderator
    Ever since the new gallery went live, one guy has been on there all the time. He's posted a bunch of photos and tons of responses to other people's images. In fact, he's one of the only people posting responses. Since he's so committed to making the new gallery a friendly and useful place, I decided he should be the boss. Everyone please welcome our new Gallery Moderator - almo. Here's a link to his new moderator profile page:

almo's page >>

Please make almo feel welcome and help him out by posting more photos and replys in the new gallery. The gallery is really wonderful. It's got tons of great features and I intend it to become a serious source for fine photography. The more we all use it, the better it will be.

Thanks!
  • 08-19-2004, 04:31 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Ever since the new gallery went live, one guy has been on there all the time. He's posted a bunch of photos and tons of responses to other people's images. In fact, he's one of the only people posting responses. Since he's so committed to making the new gallery a friendly and useful place, I decided he should be the boss. Everyone please welcome our new Gallery Moderator - almo. Here's a link to his new moderator profile page:

almo's page >>

Please make almo feel welcome and help him out by posting more photos and replys in the new gallery. The gallery is really wonderful. It's got tons of great features and I intend it to become a serious source for fine photography. The more we all use it, the better it will be.

Thanks!

Thank You PJ for giving me this chance to help out here in the gallery on PhotographyReview.com. I am honored that you would see me fit to run the place. I will do my best to make you happy with your choice.

john aka almo

In regards to the new critique gallery:

I would like to see more people adding a description to their shots. When I click on an image the first ting I want to see is that description. I want to know what a pic is about, where it was shot, what manipulation has been done. For me it really adds intrest to an image, and I am more likely to comment on a given image.
  • 08-19-2004, 04:35 PM
    Lara
    Hey Almo,

WELCOME to the crazy world of moderating almo. :)
    Thank you for being such a good friend to PR and it's members. You have some great ideas there!

Maybe some day I'll have a photo worthy of being posted in the gallery. But until then, I continue to enjoy viewing all the awesome photos without commenting. I don't feel I should, unless I can be up to par with others.
  • 08-19-2004, 04:44 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara
    Hey Almo,

WELCOME to the crazy world of moderating almo. :)
    Thank you for being such a good friend to PR and it's members. You have some great ideas there!

Maybe some day I'll have a photo worthy of being posted in the gallery. But until then, I continue to enjoy viewing all the awesome photos without commenting. I don't feel I should, unless I can be up to par with others.

Thank you for that wonderful welcome Lara!

In my humble opinion you don't have to say anything more than how a photo makes you feel. If you like it say, "Hey thats a neat photo, I really like that!"

That's all there is to it. Some people will have more to say than others. Some will have technical advice, and others will just have praise, or questions. It's all good as far as I am concerned. One should never feel as though he or she is not qualified to post here. We all are, and any photo, good, bad, ugly, or beautiful is welcome. I like to see them all!

john aka almo
  • 08-19-2004, 04:49 PM
    Lara
    Nice sentiments John! I guess you're right. I've always felt I didn't have the right to comment since photography is so new to me. As an admin, I came here to help with the new forums and ended up loving the craft of photography. Okay, I'm gonna do it. I am going to post a comment in the gallery. Look for it to be on one of your photos. It's one of my favorites. :)
  • 08-19-2004, 05:13 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almo
    It's all good as far as I am concerned. One should never feel as though he or she is not qualified to post here. We all are, and any photo, good, bad, ugly, or beautiful is welcome. I like to see them all!

john aka almo

Hear, hear!