ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

Hello Everyone!

I am an amateur Photographer pursueing a Professional degree. I have always loved taking pictures.
    I recently upgraded to a DSLR and Film SLR. I have to say I am quite overwhelmed by them both. I never really bothered myself with photography terminology or finding out about equipment and I am now finding myself now lost in the clouds.
    I would describe my past photography as fly by night, take it and if it looks good great!, if not then alter it. Now Im more thoughtful of the shots I am going to take and also I now take the time to do a set up if necessary.
    I am Starting school in June and Im glad I found this site. There seams to be some great infomation floating around here and I have already found some people to be helpful.
    I look foward to being a active part of this community.

~Yarrow

Back after a couple years. Got burned out on this forum.
    A couple of 20D's and some good glass
    My galleries www.pbase.com/jpferguson

hi! i'm monica. i'm not new to photography -- been shooting since high school, but my main camera broke about a year ago (nikon n80) and has been at nokia for most of that time. since they have virtually stopped making all film cameras, i had no clue when it would be fixed. so i'm going digital. going for the d80 -- thanks to advice i got on this forum!

i wouldn't say i'm an expert, but i have some stuff that's pretty good (i think!). i'll post some photos once my d80 is up and running.

looking forward to sharing some of my new photos and old ones and getting to know everyone.

~monica

Talking Re: Welcome!!

Hello all,
    My name is Steve, live in NC, re-entering the photography world as a hobbyist. Presently using a Sony DSC H5 which is capable of better pix than I take Looking forward to interacting with and learning from the "pro's" on the forum. Into nature, aviation and sports photography; do most badly and looking to improve.
    Steve

Hello.
    My name is Jack Holtzman and I am a recent NYC transplant to LA.
    I really like the "feel" of this forum and I feel right at home already.
    My principal interests are medium format photography (I finally was able to afford a nearly-new Hasselblad, thanks to the "digital revolution").
    So, all you digital guys, THANK YOU!
    In all seriousness, I'm happy to be here and thanks for having me.

Just dropping by to say hello... definately not a photography newbie... but a newbie here... =) Hope to join in the fray... forum looks pretty nice!
    Ross Mealey of TRJ Photography
    Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum Staff Photographer
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon, Sigma, Mamiya, Toyo,and Rodenstock-Sironar

My Railroad Photography

Hello. I've taken photos all my life, but didn't start really working on improving until about 2 years ago. My Navy hubby is stationed in Guam right now, so I have endless possibilities for beautiful photos. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi there! Just found this forum. Everyone seems pretty nice. I've been taking photos for years, but I've just recently begun to take my photography a little more seriously.(especially since it costs so much for film/processing, etc! )
    I just signed up for a beginning photography class, as I am tired of the "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kind of thing. I really want to be one with my camera so that I can transfer what I see to film. I love my manual SLR, and hope to move to a medium format camera at some point in the future.
    Just wanted to say thanks for having this place where all kinds of folks can get together and share.
    P.S. I call myself a beginner cuz I am still not "one with my camera" yet ;)
    M. Motta

Hi everyone. I have just joined. It seems like a friendly and welcoming community and I'm happy to be here. I've always wanted to share my photos, receive some criticism and be inspired by the accomplishments of others. I've been taking photos for many, many years and always loved it but it wasn't until I went digital that photography became more of an obsession with me. I think I have a good eye for composition; however, I also think I need to push my boundaries. Hopefully I'll do that here.

hey everyone...im Chad. i joined the forum to pretty much learn more about photography. im a beginner into the dslr world. mainly shooting sports such as mountain biking and landscape photos. i actually joined the forum because of its Nikon section. I plain on buying a Nikon D70 body, but have no idea about lens. because i dont know a whole lot about them. so hopefully, while i save money for the set-up, i can learn more and make the right choice.

Hey everyone!

I'm Aaron, I'm only in high school, and not really experienced at all in the field of photography, and all I have is a semi-decent digital camera I got as a present. But I absolutely love taking action shots at the beach and I love taking pictures of pretty landscapes.

I'm basically on here to get ideas on good cameras and equipment, and meet other people who love photography
    HORSE goes "nay"

Hi,

I just located this forum and have decided to give it a shot.The last photo forum I joined is basically a small bunch of snobs. The forum has a lot of talented photographers, but they know it too. I love the way this site is put together and it looks like it has a wide range of talent.

I used to shoot a lot of 35mm with Nikons but due to the quality of one hour photo labs, I got tired of it. I sold all my equipment a few years ago and just purchased an advanced compact point and shoot. It's going to take some practice to before I'm really comfortable with it but I believe the equipment is capable of some good shots. It's a Panasonic with 6mp resolution and a 12X optical zoom and IS. I just wish I lived in an area with more photo subjects that I prefer, which is mainly birds and all types of wildife.

Anyway, back to the interesting and educational topics.

hi there,i found this site by accident,and i love it ever since,my name is gerry miles from winnipeg manitoba,i'm new to photography in the serious sense,i have a sony h5,love the controls on this camera,it allows me to take some really great shots,i'm extremely happy with this site and its nice people, very informative and helpful at all levels of photography,i check this site out more than i check my emails,thankyou for allowing me to participating,and look forward to comunicating to you all,.

Hi, my name is Brenda and I consider myself to be an intermediate level photographer...not bad, but have lots of room for improvement and have much to learn. I recently started college going for my degree in photography and am taking a beginning b & w film class at the moment and am really enjoying it and learning a lot. I have to say I am a digital girl at heart though. I found this site while doing a search for filters and it looked interesting. So I'm off to check out the rest of the site. I hope to post some of my pix soon.

Hello all ,Just found this site.My name is Tom I live in the Niagara Falls Canada area ,just bought my first slr camera about 5 weeks ago,a pentax k100d,will post some of my pics any helpfull tips would be most welcomed ,thank you

Smile Re: Welcome!!

Hi, I'm Lisa and am new to your site. Found it surfing for photography forums and digital photography info. I love photography (as my kids will attest.) I like mostly to take candids and portraits of people/children, but also enjoy sport photography. I'm presently trying to master swimming action photos with my D70 and new 18-200 VR lens. Your site is full of great info and I look forward to contributing.

Iaorana Ia Oe!

Hello to all, my 'murican name is Ken, but I prefer to go by my Tahitian name Maheanuu.

I am about 6 years older than Dirt, and am a retired Navy Chief, who spend his entire career in the WestPac fleet and bases. Did my twilight cruise in Pearl Harbor, and found myself immersed in the Polynesian Culture.. Did 6 and a half years there as a DJ on the local Hawaiian radio station KCCN and then went back working as a tech rep to the Navy until I met and married a Tahitian lady from the island of Raiatea...

I find myself at present in the USA as a care giver to my mother who is 89 years young, but when she is gone, I will be returning to "Paradise" and to my family, whom I miss more than I care to think about.

At present I have with me here in the USA, 2 Olympus OM 10's, a Minolta Maxxum 3Xi, a Canon AE1 all loaded and hanging on the wall just waiting for an emergency situation, or a friend who needs to use a camera in a pinch. All of these have a variety of extra glass for those special occasions......

I have 2 Nikon DSLR's, the D200 and the D70s, I started digital with a Minolta Dimage 7i, found that it ate AA cells faster than I could charge them and was incredibly noisy at low light conditions.. I have given that camera to my grandson so that he can get up to speed and then use one of the Nikons to further develop his abilities in Photography.

I have a large assortment of lenses, both automatic and manual that are all Nikon Mount but not necessarily Nikon Made...

I am stuck here in Oregon at present, but Tahiti is never out of mind....

Greetings to the Admin, Mods, and the fellow active members.

My name is Ricky, stayed in Singapore. I was introduced to this forum through a professional photographer. I just turned full time photographer in early 2007, not professional just yet.

Hope to interact with the members here, making new friends, exchanging photography knowledge, style of work etc.

Lastly all the best to this wonderful forum.

M.I.D. Movie in Development kakashi7's Avatar

Hey!
    I'm Keith Charles
    ummm... im from illinois and im 15 yrs old
    ive always loved photography and next year im goin to take my first class for it.
    Im also a big fan of film and videography.
    im in the middle of making my first independant film!!!
    The only reason that its independant is because i didnt want to pitch the movie to a producer, and i didnt want to pitch it to a producer because then i would only be acredited as a "writer" and i dont want that...
    So yea... i need some help with the decision of getting a film camera or a video camera so if anyone can point me in the right direction to a forum do that plz... or u can just aim me... im on most of the time... Hyperbade2010

THNX

Hello fellow photo buffs!

Joining in to pick up some tips and techniques which I hope will improve my shooting skills.

Frank

Hey Everybody,

Im Jon Pugsley (also my name on the forum :eek6 from Yeovil, England
    Erm what to say what to say
    Im 15, and ive been into photography for a couple of years now, mainly take natural shots, sunsets, landscapes etc etc etc but im really down for whatever.
    Im currently taking photography as a GCSE, and am in the middle of a film based natural project, and an animation.

Thats about that then, I look forward to getting to know you all :thumbsup:

Hello everyone. I am very new to the board and trying my hand at learning photography again. I have taken a couple of classes over the years and absolutely loved it. I now have some time in my life to start devoting to learning my camera (Canon 20D) and figuring out photoshop. Hopefully over time I will have stuff to post here and y'all can help me learn and grow. My fave types of shots are night, nature, and macro type work.

Likes to play in cemeteries GraveyardMistress's Avatar

Smile Re: Welcome!!

Hi, my name is Tracy, and I am new to the forums. I love photography, and have ever since I can remember. I finally got my first SLR, and now I want to learn as much as I can... and I'm hoping these forums will help!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Welcome Tracy. You will learn lots from this group. Post some pic, ask some questions, and don't be afraid to answer some questions too!!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Hello everyone...my name is Brooke and this is my first post to this forum. I love talking about, reading about, or doing anything related to photography. I am looking forward to joining in on some of the discussions here!

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information