• 10-10-2006, 05:04 AM
    natatbeach
    5 Attachment(s)
    Weekend Aventures:pumpkin patch and cooking outdoors
    This weekend was a failure and victory all at at once:D

First we wanted to go apple picking---aparently we missed it by a weekend :mad2: (said the 7 orchards I called) but we found a place that had a corn maze and haystack maze and assorted bovines to look at. While we were there I wnated to get some apples in bag:rolleyes: and thought hey we can make some apple crisp and pick out a "punkin" and make some pie...we do both...have fun

Get home---we have no oven:eek: ---DUH! when we bought this house the oven was working the week aftyer we moved in I went to use the oven and it's dead...none of us are handy and we certainly can't afford a new oven or repair it, since I had to leave work and stay home with the kids...my great idea---- let's make an oven in the back yard.

When I was in college a friend's mom had just moved into a newly built home and the stove/oven was supposed to arrive two days before Thanksgiving and they didn't...so she was stuck with lots of refrigerated food that couldn't be cooked...so her husband said --- Let's make a fire pit and cook it in the ground:thumbsup:

And that's what we did...15lb turkey, greenbean casserole, biscuits, stuffing, veggies ,etc...we even made brownies and pumpkin pie(a little charred but good none the less.

So if they could do it I can to....:idea: told the hubby my idea and he said(surprisingly) yes!

Enjoy the pics to follow....:)
  • 10-10-2006, 05:16 AM
    natatbeach
    2 Attachment(s)
    last one for this thread:the honey
    My new favorite pic of my scruffy looking mountain man...LOL just kidding...

he's so not a mountain man---he's an LLBean khaki wearer with the tucked in polos,etc...guess it's a good balance for this artistic, float thru life fruit loop, crazed girl here:D

oh and my fav punkin---with the curly Qs tendrils....
  • 10-10-2006, 05:42 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Weekend Aventures:pumpkin patch and cooking outdoors
    Wonderful images Nat. But I was so expecting to see that fire pit oven. Now tell us the rest of the story.
  • 10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
    walterick
    Great job guys! Way to go neanderthal and have it all work out. Great shots of hub and the kids!
  • 10-10-2006, 09:57 AM
    Liz
    Nat,

Nice shots! I love fall colors and they are so evident in your photos. Your family looks like they're having a lot of fun........where's the underground stove? :aureola:

Liz