• 11-20-2007, 05:03 AM
    Didache
    1 Attachment(s)
    Wedding Photographers in Action!
    Further to my daughter's wedding last week, my brother in law sent me a CD of snaps he'd taken on the day. This is one of his (by permission) showing me and Roger (readingr from this forum) doing our thing! Roger was directing the group photo for the big confetti throw!

Cheers
    Mike
  • 11-20-2007, 06:28 AM
    Speed
    Re: Wedding Photographers in Action!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Didache
    Further to my daughter's wedding last week, my brother in law sent me a CD of snaps he'd taken on the day. This is one of his (by permission) showing me and Roger (readingr from this forum) doing our thing! Roger was directing the group photo for the big confetti throw!

Cheers
    Mike

Looks to me like a couple of guys who know what they're doing. And that's half the battle!

Of course, as highly esteemed members of this site, we would expect nothing less.
  • 11-20-2007, 07:43 AM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    Looks to me like a couple of guys who know what they're doing. And that's half the battle!

And then some! Group shots are like hearding cats, as mtbbrian would say!
  • 11-20-2007, 07:48 AM
    I_Fly
    That's a neat shot. I love the kilt!! You appear very comfortable in it. Do you wear it often? (sorry for being nosey, just curious)

One of the reasons I don't want to get involved in wedding photography is having to corral everyone and essentially direct things for a large portion of the event.
  • 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
    Frog
    I think your brother-in-law does good with snaps and I'm glad you didn't focus so much on the group shot that you didn't take another step to the right.
    Really a classic shot of the two of you.
  • 11-20-2007, 02:08 PM
    readingr
    I just remembered on the morning why I had only done one wedding photography event, but it was too late :lol:

I'll take herding cats anytime - much easier.:rolleyes:

Thank God I polished my shoes for the day:cool:

Go on ask him what he had on underneath the kilt :D

Roger

PS Mike - the system is working again so cracking on with converting all the pics to TIFF for you.
  • 11-20-2007, 02:14 PM
    Alison
    AWESOME shot! I love it! And...I am sooooo jealous!
    I'd love to see that confetti shot.
  • 11-20-2007, 05:47 PM
    Frog
    Ok! What's under the kilt, Mike?
    And is that a dead rabbit hanging on the front?
  • 11-20-2007, 06:11 PM
    MJS
    Nice looking group of shooters. I'm with you Roger, I shot one too many weddings and as far as I'm concerned, one is too many.
  • 11-21-2007, 12:03 AM
    Overbeyond
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    Ok! What's under the kilt, Mike?
    And is that a dead rabbit hanging on the front?

Something similar to what's under Rogers trousers I hope:D
  • 11-21-2007, 12:34 AM
    Didache
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks guys :D

To answer frog's question: I was not dressed authentically under the kilt (it was too cold for that!!). To prove it, here is a pic of the usher, groom and best man showing what's under theirs!! :D

The thing hanging in the front is a sporran - sort of a purse. Very handy for the car keys :p

I_fly - it was the first time I'd ever worn one ... but it was surprisingly warm and comfortable.

Cheers
    Mike
  • 11-21-2007, 02:54 AM
    Alison
    That is soooo cool! I don't see your leg there though Mike lol.
  • 11-21-2007, 03:31 AM
    Didache
    Alison ..I would have had one, but the bride (who bought them) couldn't find a "father of the bride" one :D

Mike
  • 11-21-2007, 07:17 AM
    I_Fly
    That last picture is priceless Mike. It gave all of us here in my office a giggle when I gave them the background posts then showed them what was under the kilts. They were kind of worried at first. :)
  • 11-21-2007, 12:28 PM
    readingr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    Something similar to what's under Rogers trousers I hope:D

I wore nothing, didn't want a VPL :D Just kidding.

Roger
  • 11-21-2007, 03:15 PM
    adina
    Love the kilt!

Coming from a Scottish family, I see that quite frequently. Sadly, my family is a bit more authentic. Don't walk behind them on a blustery day.