ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Got a new toy...

Looking at the rising gas prices and my morning commute, it struck me that I needed to do something about it. I live about 2.5 miles from my school which I also work at. I had an idea that I could bike to school/work, get some excercise, maybe save some gas, and promote using green methods of getting around town. I spent about $60 refurbing my cheap k-mart bicycle. However, it died about a mile into my journey. I didn't want to put any more money in it because it just wasn't that great of a bike. My brother heard about my dilemma and told me to come down to his bike shop that he just opened. He told me that he had a bike that would be perfect for my needs. He in turn gave me a Novara Corsa commuter bike, that he rebuilt using some road bike parts he had lying around. He also threw in an onboard computer, frame pump, water bottle cage, and under seat bag. Its not brand new, but runs like one. Going from a k-mart bike to a decent bike is a huge difference. Now with the money I am going to be saving I can save money and finally go digital . I took it out for an hour today and it was great.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Got a new toy...

Cool!

It's nice to see somebody actually doing something with their convictions rather than just complaining!

:thumbsup:
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

thanks Rick! Tomorrow is the maiden voyage, the only problem is that I am a landscaper and I hope I don't get too tired from working to get home. I have been packing on the pounds lately from all thos recipies and it will be good to lose some weight and get back into fighting weight.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Sounds fun! I bought a Yamaha Vino 125 for battling the gas prices. It's too small for the highway and my 'real' job, but for my summer job, running to the store, running my daughter around and that sort of thing it's perfect! And fun!!!

Yeah I would get one if I had the money....Digital...or a scooter....Digital or a scooter. Its a toss up, but I think I am going digital unless gas prices get about $5.00 a gallon. If it gets too bad I'm moving to Dubai...$0.72 a gallon.

Z
    Thomas A. Edison

Thomas A. Edison

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I used to do landscaping work. I can't imagine a day of landscaping followed by a bike ride back home. You're one brave soul

btw - my gf approves of your stuffed chicken recipe ;)
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

I will let you know how things go tomorrow and how sore I am. I have been doing some weightlifting for awhile so we'll see how things go. I glad she approves of the recipe and keep experimenting with different things.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thomas A. Edison

Thread Information