ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    I'D BE HONORED IF YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but OLD TIMER is the user name we know

your status is now"Professional Grouch" ...change that
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Those are some hairy dogs!
    Gave up on the concept of "lint brush". Roll of packing tape is all that works - and I have to wait until I get to work. "shedding season" is as long as "road construction season" around here...

I never meant to be tricky about my age. When I wrote I was "finally an adult" I assumed everyone would figure out I recently turned 18. I'll be more specific next time!
    Kellybean, thanks for guessing I was 19. It makes me feel older already (which is a good thing)!
    Duluth is a great place to live for about 5 months of the year. Then it gets too cold for me. In fact, in two weeks I'll be living in California!

What part of CA???

Hey SNS...
    what part of Cali? Im in the Bay Area

-VillenaDeCorte

Quote Originally Posted by stripesnspots
    I never meant to be tricky about my age. When I wrote I was "finally an adult" I assumed everyone would figure out I recently turned 18. I'll be more specific next time!
    Kellybean, thanks for guessing I was 19. It makes me feel older already (which is a good thing)!
    Duluth is a great place to live for about 5 months of the year. Then it gets too cold for me. In fact, in two weeks I'll be living in California!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Y'know, as I walk around through my daily life's (non)routine, I don't feel self-conscious about my body (usually). It's just that I don't get all "dolled up" very often, so pictures of me end up capturing me after some wind-blown, spontaneous activity, where I'm all frumpled and mussed up, with no makeup and very little thought to how I've dressed.

If you were actually with me, seeing me moving around in 3 dimensions, you'd see me more in context and my appearance makes more sense. But to capture an image of me all frumpled and then display it for the world as a "get to know me" shot, is just not the impression I want to put out there.

I want y'all to know me as someone with a sense of humor, maybe a bit mischievous, who loves to play with words, thoughts and ideas, someone with lots of mental energy, deep thinker, curious, alert, but above all, loving and kind. A picture just can't capture that. My avatar is the only thing I've found that even comes close.

So I don't have too many pix of myself to share that I think capture the real essence of "me". I've thought about playing games with ya, posting shots of my toes, my hand, my hair, etc., but I guess I don't know you well enough to know how that would go over.

One of these days I'll do a photo session with myself, but I'm extremely restless right now because of the things I've got going in my life. A photo session demands calm patience, something I don't have right now. BUT, after August 21, I should be settled down for a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll do it then.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Gave up on the concept of "lint brush". Roll of packing tape is all that works - and I have to wait until I get to work. "shedding season" is as long as "road construction season" around here...
    That's what, 11 out of 12 months? Same over here.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Finallly!

NOw that wasnt so hard, huh?
    What a doll!

VillenaDeCorte

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    If you really need to see my face there's a picture of it an a friends website here
    http://www.kdf-computers.com/se03a/FrameSet.htm
    You won't have to go too far down until you find it.
    I'm the fat guy with a gray beard. Everyone else there are friends who are more like family.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Kelly- a picture may not be able to capture what you want, but your eyes certainly tell that story.

I can see your goodness shining all the way over here in CA.

- VD

PS- Lets see those toes!
    Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Y'know, as I walk around through my daily life's (non)routine, I don't feel self-conscious about my body (usually). It's just that I don't get all "dolled up" very often, so pictures of me end up capturing me after some wind-blown, spontaneous activity, where I'm all frumpled and mussed up, with no makeup and very little thought to how I've dressed.

If you were actually with me, seeing me moving around in 3 dimensions, you'd see me more in context and my appearance makes more sense. But to capture an image of me all frumpled and then display it for the world as a "get to know me" shot, is just not the impression I want to put out there.

I want y'all to know me as someone with a sense of humor, maybe a bit mischievous, who loves to play with words, thoughts and ideas, someone with lots of mental energy, deep thinker, curious, alert, but above all, loving and kind. A picture just can't capture that. My avatar is the only thing I've found that even comes close.

So I don't have too many pix of myself to share that I think capture the real essence of "me". I've thought about playing games with ya, posting shots of my toes, my hand, my hair, etc., but I guess I don't know you well enough to know how that would go over.

One of these days I'll do a photo session with myself, but I'm extremely restless right now because of the things I've got going in my life. A photo session demands calm patience, something I don't have right now. BUT, after August 21, I should be settled down for a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll do it then.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Liz

Red face Nat - better late than never ?

Ad for B&H

Kindness of Mr. Hess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Villenadecorte---started just for you-liz-2.jpg  

I love this shot Liz...Thank you...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    Hey SNS...
    what part of Cali? Im in the Bay Area

-VillenaDeCorte
    I'll be going to Humboldt State University in beautiful Arcata, CA

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

What can I say...

Excape everyone up here is beautiful!!!!!

I was only slightly joking about the nudity thing - my blue Mono Lake self is a nude! (shh!)

I am going to up the anty now by adding the "alternative self portrait" swing to this mess

Here's a shot of me called "Dangling" I took over the weekend.

Let's see some more selfs! (PJ I know you have a harddrive full)

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Villenadecorte---started just for you-shoes2.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information