ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    I dont think I've seen you up here yet!

VD
    I'll leave the selfportraits to you beautiful folk (and OldTimer ). We fat folk don't care much for that genre.

BTW, this was reply #100 to this thread - hows that for a milestone?

Beauty and the Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I'll leave the selfportraits to you beautiful folk (and OldTimer ). We fat folk don't care mush for that genre.
    You should take notice of the fact that I included a little beauty (my wife Joy) with my self image. I would not, nor would others, find my image alone one that would inspire or motivate.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    You should take notice of the fact that I included a little beauty (my wife Joy) with my self image. I would not, nor would others, find my image alone one that would inspire or motivate.
    I couldn't resist the tease.
    I would say you included a great beauty with your post.

I'm blessed...

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    well OLD timer ;)

to keep a woman of such beauty happy enough to smile FOR THIS LONG ..... you CAN'T be too grouchy ;)

and OLD is only the way one feels, so FEEL YOUNG and be ol' YOUNG TIMER ;)
    I am truly blessed with a beautiful and understanding wife. After 32 years of marriage she can still smile that is saying a lot, when you consider what she's married to it may even be a miracle.

And Speed it's very easy for me to smile when I am with this lady. A JOY in every sense of the word.

I wish I had a scanner to post a self image that she did several years ago for a photo class assignment. She did a double exposure of herself in an apron holding a pan and with our two year old at the time on her hip. She stood there looking down on herself sitting in an evening gown sipping a glass of wine and reading a book. Wonderful self image.

ooooo please

find a scanner and post it for us...it sounds wonderful and so very true (I thnk) for every mom out there...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    OK........ I JUST CAME UP WITH YOUR NEW SCREEN NAME........

LUCKY IN KENTUCKY

32 YEARS!!!!! I nearly left myself 3 times in my 33 year with me , but alas.... I coldn't get rid of me ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I'll leave the selfportraits to you beautiful folk (and OldTimer ). We fat folk don't care much for that genre.

BTW, this was reply #100 to this thread - hows that for a milestone?
    Chunk, us fat folks can be very creative with our perspective and minimize the damages.... I seem to have done it twice now...
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Bad excuse Chunk

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Chunk, us fat folks can be very creative with our perspective and minimize the damages.... I seem to have done it twice now...
    yeah and well I've been doing it for a year...
    maybe I'll start a fatty photocreative shooting class....(say that three times fast...)

objective of the class...look less behemuth than you are in front of the lense while still impressing your friends

cost: it's tough enough that you're fat without having to pay for it

Times: anytime you don't feel so fat and feel sorta cute...

even an eyeball will do....I'll be waiting...
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    yeah and well I've been doing it for a year...
    maybe I'll start a fatty photocreative shooting class....(say that three times fast...)

objective of the class...look less behemuth than you are in front of the lense while still impressing your friends

cost: it's tough enough that you're fat without having to pay for it

Times: anytime you don't feel so fat and feel sorta cute...

even an eyeball will do....I'll be waiting...
    I'm a firm believer that all people are beautiful. None moreso than those who are comfortable in their own skin.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Wow this is a really long thread. I guess I'll just make it longer. Here's a photo I took of myself in my backyard about 15 minutes ago with my mom's digital camera. Now my problem isn't looking too big in pictures, it's looking too young! People generally think I'm about 2-3 years younger than I really am which is very annoying now that I'm finally an adult. But maybe I'll look 30 when I'm 40. Then I'd stop complaining.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by stripesnspots; 08-05-2004 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Picture too large

Opinionated Newbie
    My guess. 14?

You said before that you were in college, so I'm guessing 19.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    You said before that you were in college, so I'm guessing 19.
    Kelly, you just made the 111th post in this thread. I'm pretty sure that means you need to buy us all a round of beer, just like getting 111 in the 7th frame in bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by stripesnspots
    Wow this is a really long thread. I guess I'll just make it longer. Here's a photo I took of myself in my backyard about 15 minutes ago with my mom's digital camera. Now my problem isn't looking too big in pictures, it's looking too young! People generally think I'm about 2-3 years younger than I really am which is very annoying now that I'm finally an adult. But maybe I'll look 30 when I'm 40. Then I'd stop complaining.
    You're not 40 now???
    Just kidding. I'd make a guess, but I'M old enough to know better than to try and guess a beautiful woman's age.

all sweet and all BUT

your diversionary tactic doesn't work for me...where's the pic Mister cough it up
    ;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Allright, Chunk - if I can play you can too! No, I'm not going to try to guess age either - but I'm jealous of living in Duluth! So my first idea was to include my slightly spoiled Alaskan Malamute and Samoyed into the shot. Doing a self portrait and trying to control two large stubborn dogs works about as well as you can see in my facial expression... So I did the other one to show off the nice kayaker's tan (glow in the dark white legs and dark arms).

Best I could do considering the subject matter!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Did someone say nudity?

O.K. I know this board is rated PG, so I'll post a shot before I got into the shower.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Villenadecorte---started just for you-img_3543-small.jpg  

nice to meet ya face to face...

the subject matter ain't too shabby to look at--- for a two toned model

Thanks for playing...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    your diversionary tactic doesn't work for me...where's the pic Mister cough it up
    ;)
    If you really need to see my face there's a picture of it an a friends website here
    http://www.kdf-computers.com/se03a/FrameSet.htm
    You won't have to go too far down until you find it.
    I'm the fat guy with a gray beard. Everyone else there are friends who are more like family.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    How about it! And has anyone else noticed that Old Timer is smiling in every photo we see of him? His avatar is the only photo that he is not smiling in!

Professional Grouch indeed.

Tell us another one. ;-)
    This is really funny. My daughter called form Nashville last night and the first words out of her mouth were, "You sure have those people on PR fooled." She check the site regularly to see what I am posting. She by the why is the one who took the avatar picture of me. She of course was kidding, but just the same she does know my true nature. This image was taken with my Fuji S602z and direct flash in a coffee house where her husband was preforming that night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Villenadecorte---started just for you-larry-lighthouse640.jpg  
    Last edited by Old Timer; 08-06-2004 at 06:58 AM.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    ok.... so you are a big guy

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!

people SHOULD be judged on selfless acts, kindness, the way they live their life and the company they keep.......not physical appearance!!!!!!!

SO with that said.......

YOUR FRIEND LOOK(like) NICE(people), THEREFORE..... YOU LOOK NICE!!!!!!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    "You sure have those people on PR fooled."
    Yep, now looking at a bigger version of that shot I'd call that a smirk... Truth comes out ! Any ideas on a new title ;) ?

I liked Paul's idea

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Yep, now looking at a bigger version of that shot I'd call that a smirk... Truth comes out ! Any ideas on a new title ;) ?
    I liked Paul's idea, "Lucky in Kentucky". I may just go to that.

Agree, Agree, Agree

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    ok.... so you are a big guy

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!

people SHOULD be judged on selfless acts, kindness, the way they live their life and the company they keep.......not physical appearance!!!!!!!

SO with that said.......

YOUR FRIEND LOOK(like) NICE(people), THEREFORE..... YOU LOOK NICE!!!!!!!!
    I agree Paul!
    I hope no one on this site is judging anyone by appearance. If so I for one would be dead in the water. This has been the best site I have ever been on to take people for who they are and accept them for that and there willingness to share ideas and images in an effort to learn and grow. I know some people are not comfortable with their own image being posted here, but for me I have enjoyed putting faces with names. I just seem to get a better feel for the individual that way. My avatar pictures is certainly not the most flattering image of me, but it is me, so there I am for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Allright, Chunk - if I can play you can too! No, I'm not going to try to guess age either - but I'm jealous of living in Duluth! So my first idea was to include my slightly spoiled Alaskan Malamute and Samoyed into the shot. Doing a self portrait and trying to control two large stubborn dogs works about as well as you can see in my facial expression... So I did the other one to show off the nice kayaker's tan (glow in the dark white legs and dark arms).

Best I could do considering the subject matter!
    Those are some hairy dogs!
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information