ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Chronic Gadget Junkie SCOOTERINSLC's Avatar

Various night shots

The mild temps in Saltyville have made for some great night shooting opportunities. Some night posts got me inspired to get out and take advantage of it. Shots 1,2 and 3 Canon A520. Shots 4,5, and 6 Minolta 7D. Thanx for looking. Comments always welcome,
    Scooter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Various night shots-night-post-2.jpg   Various night shots-night-post-3.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Chronic Gadget Junkie SCOOTERINSLC's Avatar

Re: Various night shots

more.......
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Various night shots

As someone with no experience in night shooting, I can only critique on other elements of the pictures. I'll start out by saying I think you did nice work on colors. The bottom shot of the first series is blurred to me. The middle shot seems tilted and I think if you could have cropped out the tree on the right it would have been a better shot. The shot of the fountain is nicely done with the reflection on the pavement, but maybe a tighter crop (again with the cropping ), could have brought the fountain closer. In your second posting, I think the middle shot could use straightening and cropping to focus more on the inflateable soldiers. All in all though, for the most part, they are well composed I think.

Thread Information