ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Ummm I guess the cereal wasn't enough

Taken by my daughter Cheri, and posted with her permission ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ummm I guess the cereal wasn't enough-cereal.jpg  
    Lara

Liz

Re: Ummm I guess the cereal wasn't enough

Hi Lara,

It's so good to see you posting here! This is a really sweet picture - great shot. I love the title!

Thanks for posting and keeping in touch.

Liz

Lara,

Nice to see you again! A great shot of the little one! Some very nice blue eyes on her!

Great shot,

Jared

Thanks Liz and Jared. The shot just cracked me up so I wanted to share.

BTW, that's Ethan. But both he and his sister do have blue eyes. ;)
    Lara

Love it Lara. My daughter gets me my fix of Jack pictures every week. Looks like Jack and Ethan are at about the some place I see those two little lower teeth peeking through and he seem to love getting food all over his face. Thanks for sharing.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks Larry! I thought of you when I posted this. Our grandsons are close in age. I've got a ton of pics from my daughter too.

I think Ethan is on his 6th tooth! He didn't crawl at all until about 2 weeks ago, suddenly he's a pro at it and is standing holding on a lot. He'll probably be walking before he reaches one year in May!

Pop a photo in this thread of your grandson. I'd love to see the latest.

Oh, and Jared, I can see why you thought Ethan might be a girl. He is in need of a hair cut!!
    Lara

Hi Lara,

Boy does that look familiar to me. My son (15 1/2 months) looks like that a lot only he's usually got more in his hair. Apparently he thinks it'll help his grow faster!

Ethan is sure a cutie! Jared is right about his eyes!

Troy
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the complements! He is a cutie, if I do say so myself.

We've got tons of pics of my grand daughter with food in her hair and all over everything. Ethan is a chow hound, and gets all he can in his mouth, lol. The bit on his forehead was probably there from him sticking his face in the bowl to get what Mommy missed, and I betcha he licked the rest from his hands as well! He's a hoot.
    Lara

hehehehe...The title's gotta be "What's for Dessert?"

It's been a long time since I've had to hose off a kid but this sure brings back memories.

With those eyes I'll bet Grandma has to share him with a lot of women sooner or later.
    ----------------------------

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Cute shot, Lara. So, how are you?
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Thanks Larry! I thought of you when I posted this. Our grandsons are close in age. I've got a ton of pics from my daughter too.

I think Ethan is on his 6th tooth! He didn't crawl at all until about 2 weeks ago, suddenly he's a pro at it and is standing holding on a lot. He'll probably be walking before he reaches one year in May!

Pop a photo in this thread of your grandson. I'd love to see the latest.

Oh, and Jared, I can see why you thought Ethan might be a girl. He is in need of a hair cut!!
    Lara here are a couple of Jack that his Mom sent me in the last week or two. He has four teeth now and is like Ethan crawling everywhere and pulling up as well.

His first year birthday is coming up in May as well and we are making plans to get together for some kind of party in Nashville. He loves birthday cakes, but hates it when you blow out the candles. This was from my youngest daughters birthday Saturday night. She elected to spend it in Nashville with Jack rather than coming home from school. In the second one you can see he has no adversion to get his food all over his face either.

PS: He's about due for that first haircut as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ummm I guess the cereal wasn't enough-img_0069.jpg   Ummm I guess the cereal wasn't enough-all-done.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Great Title Chunk. He's truly a sweet baby.

Thanks Steve. I'll be sure to tell Cheri you liked the shot! I am doing much better, and thank you for asking. If all goes well, I just may be going back to work at school part time in a couple months. I keep wanting to go back, but my body just wont let me. Maybe this time.....fingers crossed.

Do we have handsome grand kids or what Larry!!! Jack's adorable, even when he's crying.
    Lara

Just me and my camera

Very nice photo Lara, I love the title!
    And the baby is a cutie too.
    "You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you."--Dorothea Lange

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoGirl
    Very nice photo Lara, I love the title!
    And the baby is a cutie too.
    Thanks PhotoGirl....My daughter will be thrilled the photo went over so well. Ethan is a cutie alright. He's such a happy baby.

My daughter told me that she had gone to the sink to get a wash cloth to clean up, and when she returned he had the bowl hanging from his mouth. She laughed and laughed. Being the little ham that he is, he kept it there long enough for her to grab the camera and take the shot.
    Lara

Just me and my camera

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Thanks PhotoGirl....My daughter will be thrilled the photo went over so well. Ethan is a cutie alright. He's such a happy baby.

My daughter told me that she had gone to the sink to get a wash cloth to clean up, and when she returned he had the bowl hanging from his mouth. She laughed and laughed. Being the little ham that he is, he kept it there long enough for her to grab the camera and take the shot.
    Your Welcome
    That's great that he posed long enough.I think that's the tough part about photographing children (or at least what I've found in taking shots of my neices and nephews), I'm not quick enough with my camera for their spontanious, adorable poses!
    "You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you."--Dorothea Lange

Thread Information