Two from Seattle...

Printable View

• 11-10-2008, 05:13 PM
    megan
    2 Attachment(s)
    Two from Seattle...
    I was in Seattle for a client, and didn't have much time to pursue my own photos... but here are two that I was able to get for myself.
  • 11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
    Frog
    Re: Two from Seattle...
    Its hard to get a unique composition on The Needle but I think you have managed it quite well and using the ferris wheel instead of cursing it for being in the way shows your creative side.
  • 11-10-2008, 05:48 PM
    megan
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks! Here's a less successful one...
    I was playing around with my exposures, and got this one. It was hard to get a decent composition from behind the merry-go-round, and this is the best one.
  • 11-10-2008, 06:33 PM
    drg
    Re: Thanks! Here's a less successful one...
    Yeah! The space needle is growing out of whirling ball of light!

Hope you had a successful journey!
  • 11-10-2008, 08:02 PM
    megan
    Re: Thanks! Here's a less successful one...
    Successful. Busy. Hard work, but enjoyable. :) Any time I get paid to take pictures... well, I'm happy.
  • 11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
    susaan
    Nice,very nice-Love how you framed the first one,turning a problem into an unique shot.
  • 11-10-2008, 10:53 PM
    Jimmy B
    Nice shots Megan were these taken Friday evening? What did you think of the EMP building?
    Jimmy B
  • 11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
    mtbbrian
    IT looks like its a great trip!
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
  • 11-11-2008, 11:34 AM
    tadrscin
    Nice photos. I almost went to the Seattle Center on Saturday, but I got distracted at Westlake center before I made it to the monorail. Then it was getting too late and my feet were tired from walking around all day. I see you're using Cafe Press which we just started using at work. It's a pretty neat idea and I'm going to start one of my own for my photography. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to promote it. I'd love to hear how you're doing it or any ideas you have.
  • 11-11-2008, 04:41 PM
    megan
    Yes, this was Friday at sundown. It was cool to see a Gehry building up close and in person, though the inside seems like a difficult puzzle - what do you do with that strange space? LOVED the sci fi museum. OMG.... got my fill of Star Trek, Blade Runner and Farscape stuff. Really really cool.
  • 11-11-2008, 04:44 PM
    megan
    Well, I've got the CafePress link here. :) I also have a Constant Contact email list link on my website, though I'm reconsidering that because it does cost more than I make on CafePress, and I need to explore CafePress's newsletter options. One thing I've noticed is that even if one or two people order the same thing, it ends up being a best seller because there is SO much stuff on the site. So I would recommend that when you upload something, have a friend order something (even if you reimburse them) or order something yourself using a different account, and that will automatically put your item further up in the search.
  • 11-12-2008, 02:11 PM
    tadrscin
    Thanks for the tips.