ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

San Francisco weekend in October

Hello,

My wife and I will be in San Francisco for the second weekend in October (Colombus Day) just wondering what sites (locations) offer the best sunrise and sunset shot opportunities of the Golden Gate Bridge and other popular landmarks. I believe that in October the sun sets to the Southwest and rises in the South east. What type of lenses or filters should I bring for the shoot. Currently I was planning on taking my workhorse Sigma 18-200 DC , a UV and landscape filter, along with our Rebel XT and Tripod. We travel very light carrying everything in a LowePro AW Topload. I'm thinking of picking up another lens, not sure what type. I need a good Macro for flowers and insects and super telephoto that takes crisp close ups. was thinking of the Sigma 70-300 DG??? Any tips on equipment or locations would be greatly appreciated.

We usually take flowers, landscape, and occasional wildlife and portrait photos.

www.vancityvegans.com

Re: San Francisco weekend in October

Tiburon proved to be a wonderful spot for me at sunset. (This was early August)

First shot looking west
    second shot looking south
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails San Francisco weekend in October-sf_sunset1_jfr.jpg   San Francisco weekend in October-gg_night.jpg  
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Thank you KellyBean

I believe that Mount Tamalpais offers great sunrises and sunsets. It in Marin and the towns like Mill Valley that are on the base are pituresque.

Half Moon Bay (If you see my picture on my website http://www.lorencrannell.com) the main photo is during October at sunset in Half Moon Bay. October brings some great sunsets for the coast.

I usually use a 24mm equivalent for all of my cameras during landscapes.

Cheers,
    Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Thread Information