ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Turning off cloaking device....

Hey! I MISS YOU POEPLE! Evil IT department blocked the forums on PR. I was surprised they didn't do it a few years ago with all the "compliance" stuff - all webmail is blocked. Guess they finally caught up with my harmless posts of Holga photos. Poo. Oh well - we've been getting busy anyway!

CRAZY week in New York. I pledged to photograph demonstrations every day of the RNC, but pooped outa fter 3 days of it. It's exhausting!!!! Man!!! My feet STILL hurt! I actually do have some contact sheets already - miracle, I know. But i just picked them up today and I'm at Reg's, and he doesn't have a scanner. I'll try to post some this weekend after scanning it at my place. I can't post from my computer because I don't have OS-X yet [I know, WAY behind] and for some reason, I can log in but can't see any text. So until I get myself around to getting more memory to upgrade to OSX, I'll drop in sporadically from Reg's.

Great news - I think this happened the day after PR was blocked - I got 2 pieces into a group show that Gerry Widen told me about! So we will be showing together in Huntington. Woooot! Party! I'm so psyched.

Okay - I'm exhausted and my feet - yes - are still sore. We went to my friend's opening in Chelsea tonight, and boy were the cops out in full force... helicopters buzzing about... streets blocked off... I can't wait until this is over and we can have our city back.

Cheers all, have a SAFE weekend, especially you Floridians.

Best -
    Megan

glad to see you back.

I had my brush with the city last weekend. (wedding out in Woodbury) If you can belive it, that day as I drove across the Throngs Neck bridge I got my first glimps of Manhattan. I felt SO close to the city too.

I also saw my first bentley dealership. strange world that is-land of long.

Can't wait to see your shots.

Evil IT Dept

What a bummer that you can't surf pr anymore from work! Oh well, check in with us when you can.

Congratulations on getting 2 photos into another show!

Spike

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Right On!

Make sure you photograph the convention!
    Christopher Morris the photojournalist has been shooting stuff at both conventions with a Polaroaid off all things.
    Congrats on the photos in the show!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Wow!

Indeed, Long Island and NYC in general is a land of paradox!

Megan

I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    What a bummer that you can't surf pr anymore from work!
    The nerve of them!
    I can still surf in my down time, I just can't post here. Which is stinky because I actually have referred back to some messages here for Photoshop tips when working on some stuff, so posting here wasn't purely slacking....

Megan

Convention

Are you kidding? I couldn't get CLOSE to Madison Square Garden after Sunday. I don't have press creds, so there was no way I was getting past NYPD. It was definitley a fortress....

I've certainly got an even more deepened respect for photojournalists. I was using my crappy cameras because I didn't want my good cameras to get messed up should a scuffle start to happen around me, and even then - man - some people even thought I was working for the NYPD, photographing them for undercover reasons. Oy. Since when does NYPD employ fat 30-something goth chicks for undercover purproses?! And after 3 days of photographing, I was BUSHED, so to speak. I was exhausted! I couldn't bear to be near another crowd, to deal with the emotion and amount of people around me, be on my feet, look through the viewfinder... Freaky. I made the right decision not to pursue photojournalism....

Thread Information