Trying out new board

Printable View

• 02-01-2004, 08:39 AM
    Bryan Seavy
    2 Attachment(s)
    Trying out new board
    Thought I would try out the new board. I really like the improvements.
    Some zoo pics from an outing a couple of weeks ago.
    I was asked by a co-worker to take her daughter to the zoo for a school project.
    She is a newbie at photography, hopefully I didn't completely confuse her. I tend to get carried away when asked about aperature, shutter speed, light, etc.
    Hopefully she had fun and retained a few of the things I showed her.
  • 02-01-2004, 05:27 PM
    Liz
    It worked!
    Sharp! Great close ups of BIG animals! I'm sure your student learned a great deal about taking good photo, and not just snapshots.

Liz
  • 02-01-2004, 05:37 PM
    connellj
    Zoo Pics
    I love Zoo Pics. It is an underappreciated field. I'm off to San Diego Zoo in a week and can't wait to fill up my 1Gig CF Card! I especially like your gorilla. The composition on the lion was good too, but a little over sharpened for my taste.

-john
  • 02-01-2004, 07:39 PM
    Bryan Seavy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by connellj
    I love Zoo Pics. It is an underappreciated field. I'm off to San Diego Zoo in a week and can't wait to fill up my 1Gig CF Card! I especially like your gorilla. The composition on the lion was good too, but a little over sharpened for my taste.

-john

I agree with you on the lion, I was thinking the same thing but was to lazy to re-do the pic.
    I am really jealous, someday I hope to be able to go the the San Diego zoo, I hear it's pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots from there.
  • 02-01-2004, 07:52 PM
    Bryan Seavy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by connellj

-john

Here is a redo of the lion post, I think this looks a bit better.
    Thanks for your response John.
    Bryan
  • 02-01-2004, 07:56 PM
    TheFru
    I don't know
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Seavy
    I agree with you on the lion, I was thinking the same thing but was to lazy to re-do the pic.
    I am really jealous, someday I hope to be able to go the the San Diego zoo, I hear it's pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots from there.

Over sharp or not, it's better than anything I've ever gotten at the zoo. Keep on!
  • 02-01-2004, 09:02 PM
    connellj
    San Diego Zoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Seavy
    Here is a redo of the lion post, I think this looks a bit better.
    Thanks for your response John.
    Bryan

I like the repost a lot better. It is superb. Here is where you can look as some of my earlier San Diego Zoo shots. Coming up will be my third trip in 3 months!

http://www.pbase.com/gammon/zoo_animals