• 08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
    Stephen Lutz
    3 Attachment(s)
    Trip to the pool to photograph diving
    I went to a local pool Sunday to shoot some photos for my friend Shannon. She is a diver and wanted some of herself in action. Thought I would post a few. :)

Canon 10D, 70-200 2.8L, ISO 100, mostly around 1/1000 of a second, but I should have gone faster.
  • 08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
    ladybugamanda
    Re: Trip to the pool to photography diving
    Those are GREAT! I love how you were able to capture her expression. Good job!
  • 08-02-2006, 05:35 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Trip to the pool to photography diving
    Great shots Steve. So nice to see you posting on VF. Hope you'll be giving us more of your great life around Louisville photos. Your images and sage photo advise helped hook me on PR some 3000+ post ago. Nice to see you here.

Love that entry shot. You caught it perfectly.
  • 08-03-2006, 05:59 AM
    Speed
    Re: Trip to the pool to photograph diving
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Lutz
    I went to a local pool Sunday to shoot some photos for my friend Shannon. She is a diver and wanted some of herself in action. Thought I would post a few. :)

Canon 10D, 70-200 2.8L, ISO 100, mostly around 1/1000 of a second, but I should have gone faster.

Awesome catches Stephen!

Shooting action is a lot harder than it looks. You've made it look easy.

What apeture were you using?
  • 08-03-2006, 06:42 AM
    Devin MacShawn
    Wow she's good! And the photo is great too. I have the hardest time shooting sports/action pics.
  • 08-03-2006, 06:33 PM
    Stephen Lutz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    Awesome catches Stephen!

Shooting action is a lot harder than it looks. You've made it look easy.

What apeture were you using?

I was using shutte priority, so the aperture varied between 2.8 and 4, depending on the light levels.