It's very hard to miss, this little water treatment facility nestled on the shores of the Wautaga River, but it played a very important role in the industrial history of the surrounding area.

Elizbethton, TN was once home to the North American Rayon Corporation, or NARC. This massive sprawling facility was nationalized during the Second World War, as it was founded as Bemberg, a German Rayon Firm. In fact back at MAMU IV we visited the power station and the third unit buildings of NARC. These sadly were demolished a few months back.

It was another golden hour explore, after hitting up two other locations that day our merry band had been cut down to just two, myself and Sara. For a small location, it offered much to the photographer, or to just someone who wants to wander around these places. Just watch your step, some of the boards around the place are pretty rotten.

Sadly I don't know much history of the place, it's old, I'd probably guess 1940s at least when it was built, but it's probably had some upgrades over the course of it's years. It's also a nice easy spot to check out, entrance is well hidden and such.

It was a great finale for a fantastic event. Although smaller than others, it was great to spend more time with everyone who attended, and go out and do stuff all of us, as a group.

Nikon D300 - AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm 1:2.8G