ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Toot Toot

Toot Toot

Well our photo club had our january meeting this past thursday. Had our photo of the month contest as usual. Topic was "Product Photography" -

I won again

This starts a new year for the contest - from last years contest (*was only 5 months long due to reconfiguration of the club) I ended up having enough points to win photographer of the year - but didn't get photo of the year so that was bitter sweet.

Here is my shot that won january photo of the month ....

Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Toot Toot

You're the Man! Very sharp shot!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I can see why it won...Great job
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

very nice, congrats. I like the very small amount of red.

Thanks for the positive responses - Unfortunately I waited til the last minute to get the shot done and didn't have any plain white posterboard - the light blue lines are from lined paper that was white on the back and the lines showed through - also some wierd reflections in the bulb - but over all I am very pleased in how well it came out -

It was taken with my tamron 90mm macro lens. Used a white queen sized bed sheet for the diffuser. I had 2 clamp lights on top and 1 on each side. I should of taken a shot of the set up. Was fun playing with a light-tent.
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Thread Information