ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Took my first off road trip

Took my new Jeep on its first off road trip yesterday. This will be a great vehicle for me to get to some cool nature shots I traded my 350Z for it, but actually haven't really missed it at all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Took my first off road trip-snow_jeep2.jpg  

Re: Took my first off road trip

Nice Rig. Be careful out there in the snow. You wouldn't believe how fast you can get stuck in the white stuff.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Congrats , nice jeep!

A good idea is to join an offroading community,
    they will teach you what it takes to go offroad,
    first rule is to always be with more than 1 vehicle - I learned this the hard way
    second rule, bring some equipment so you can pull the other vehicle

I got back more seriously into photography due to my off roading trips, which I have not done in a while, and I miss them bad !

GB1

Nice Jeep, and nice photo of it too. I took a similar shot of my Jeep Patriot in Yosemite several years ago. Although you pay for it in the form of lower mpg and a less comfortable ride great, it's great to be able to get off road whenever you want or need to!
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree View Post
    Nice Rig. Be careful out there in the snow. You wouldn't believe how fast you can get stuck in the white stuff.
    Yeah, I was actually out with a friend who's had a Jeep for years. That was one of the first things he told me was don't go out alone. Fire roads in the summer are probably ok, but anything else and I'll always be with someone when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Nice Jeep, and nice photo of it too. I took a similar shot of my Jeep Patriot in Yosemite several years ago. Although you pay for it in the form of lower mpg and a less comfortable ride great, it's great to be able to get off road whenever you want or need to!
    It's actually more comfortable than my 350Z was, and with the change from premium to regular gas and estimating a similar combined MPG my monthly gas cost should be about the same.

Thread Information