ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Today's Adventure - Lake Garda Ferry Ride

Today, my lovely wife and I decided to take the ferry out to explore some of the other towns on Lago di Garda. We visited Limone and Malcesine. We were going to take the gondola from Malcesine up to the top of Monte Baldo but we didn't have enough time. It was still a great day, though. The lake is beautiful and I keep forgetting I'm not on the ocean. Limone is a beautiful little town up against the cliffs with steep, twisty alleyways and a very mediteranean port. Malcesine is much more of a tourist town than Riva del Garda or Limone but it was still fun. And it has a castle! The photo of the roofs was taken from the tower in the Malcesine castle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Adventure - Lake Garda Ferry Ride-p7151442.jpg   Today's Adventure - Lake Garda Ferry Ride-p7151486.jpg   Today's Adventure - Lake Garda Ferry Ride-p7151590.jpg   Today's Adventure - Lake Garda Ferry Ride-p7151643.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The Lovely Mrs. Shafer

Here's one of my wonderful bride. This was taken Malcesine while we were waiting for the return ferry - and after she got a beer

All these photos were taken with the Olympus E-P3 Pen camera that I brought instead of a digital SLR. No regrets at all about that decision. The performance has been excellent and the weight and space savings are wonderful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today's Adventure - Lake Garda Ferry Ride-p7151631.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Today's Adventure - Lake Garda Ferry Ride

Love the images,looks very beautiful there.

Great images of a lovely part of Italy! We go to Garda every couple of years (we stay in Garda itself). There is a lovely feel about the place which is quite unique, not to mention easy trips to places like Verona.

Did you come across the madonna in the water when you visited Limone?

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Awesome captures

Thread Information