Thanks Greg!

Printable View

• 01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
    Xia_Ke
    4 Attachment(s)
    Thanks Greg!
    Carla took the Rebel out for a spin this morning when she went out for breakfast with some relatives. When she got back, I think the direct quote was something along the lines of "Oh my god hon, I think I'm addicted. We need to get more film!"...LOL I told her to post some shots on here but, she's scared to join here though...LOL So, here's a couple of her shots just to show you she had fun with it :)
  • 01-06-2008, 08:22 PM
    Frog
    Re: Thanks Greg!
    There goes the budget..lol. Tell her she did quite well and if I can stay here without being bitten she's pretty safe.
  • 01-06-2008, 08:25 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    There goes the budget..lol...

That's what I'm afraid of...LOL You should have seen her face when I tld her she would have to learn to develop her own film...ROTFL
  • 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
    Greg McCary
    Looking good Aaron. Another satisfied customer:thumbsup:
  • 01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Yep, accept she just learned how quickly a using a flash all the time will kill batteries...LOL
  • 01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
    Ballen Photo
    Carla did well for her first spin. (Now You're going to have to share your equipment) :thumbsup:
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    she's scared to join here though...

NONSENSE! Come on Carla, jump right in, the water's fine. :D
    -Bruce
  • 01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballen Photo
    ...Now You're going to have to share your equipment...

Very doubtful. She like Auto modes and AF. All my stuff is full on manual :D
  • 01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
    Ballen Photo
    Quote:

Very doubtful. She like Auto modes and AF. All my stuff is full on manual :D

Do I detect a challenge? Come on Carla, Jump in there and show him how fast you can learn.:cool:
    -Bruce
  • 01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Who knows. The Rebel 2000 might be a good gateway for her. I've tried getting her to try my stuff and she was flat out against learning manual photography. She just wanted to stick with her Canon G2 P&S :rolleyes:
  • 01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
    Ballen Photo
    Quote:

Who knows. The Rebel 2000 might be a good gateway for her.

I think so.
    Quote:

I've tried getting her to try my stuff and she was flat out against learning manual photography. She just wanted to stick with her Canon G2 P&S :rolleyes:

Now, now! Nothing wrong with Canon's G series. ;-)
    -Bruce
    Canon G5
    http://www.fototime.com/E47CBCF053F0D12/standard.jpg
  • 01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballen Photo
    Now, now! Nothing wrong with Canon's G series. ;-)

I know. I didn't mean that in a bad way against the camera. The G2 used to be mine. I have lots of good memories hiking with it. The comment was meant more in that she gets frustrated with her pics a lot but, doesn't want to take the time learn. She does seem really pumped with the Rebel though and I had to hold her back from grabbing the negatives until they were dry...LOL Maybe we'll bring her to the dark side yet! :eek:
  • 01-07-2008, 09:06 PM
    Frog
    Maybe...just maybe...she'd want to go ...dare I say it...digital?
  • 01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Yes, she likes digital. She loves the convenience of her G2. I have no problems with digital at all. There are even occasions that miss it. Ahhhh my ears and tongue are burning from such blasphemy! Shhhhh, don't tell anybody I said that...LOL :eek: She wants a DSLR but, it's just not in the budget right now soooo... I have a fridge drawer full of 35mm film and the Rebel will be a good start :)