Thanks Emily (Julsoph)

Printable View

• 06-10-2006, 09:05 AM
    Chunk
    3 Attachment(s)
    Thanks Emily (Julsoph)
    Emily posted a beautiful shot of a Calla Lily in the Critique forum and graciously gave me permission to try painting it since I'm trying to learn watercolor. I appreciate that. Others have given permission for me to paint photos in the past and I think it's very nice of them to share their talent with me this way.
    Emily said she wanted to see the results, so here they are. The larger painting is done in acrylic at 16x20 inches and the smaller painting on the lower right is watercolor at 9x12. The upper right image is a print on plain paper of Emily's photo that I used to paint from. Below are the separate paintings.
    While learning watercolor I've been painting some subjects in both acrylic and watercolor. This Calla Lily is the first watercolor that I like as well as the acrylic, although I still see plenty of room for improvement in both and neither approaches the beauty and elegance of Emily's original.
  • 06-10-2006, 09:34 AM
    CLKunst
    Re: Thanks Emily (Julsoph)
    Chunk,

I think you did a wonderful job at interpreting Emily's image. I think the water color is fabulous and the acrylic is quite fine as well. Beautiful work.:D

Regards,
  • 06-10-2006, 10:36 AM
    julsoph
    Oh Chunk, those are just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing those here. :)

Emily
  • 06-10-2006, 12:22 PM
    Old Timer
    Chunk you are truely a man of many talents. I love the watercolor. I am fond of watercolors and my son also works in them.
  • 06-10-2006, 01:35 PM
    ken1953
    Way to go Chunk. You are definitely an individual to admire. Keep up the great work, and I hope one of these days that one of my photos makes it onto your easel.
    Ken
  • 06-10-2006, 04:53 PM
    Lara
    Beautiful work Chunk! I admire anyone who can do water color. Yours is super. :D
  • 06-11-2006, 05:20 AM
    Chunk
    CL, OT, Ken, Lara, and especially Emily, thanks for your comments and compliments.