ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thank you so much for the prints

Steve M, Steve H, Chunk, Sebastian, and Loren....

What a treat to receive the beautiful prints you all sent! It sure brightened my day.
    I miss you guys so much, so this made me feel the closeness and friendship of the PR group!

I am doing ok, but have some post op complications going on that the doctors haven't figured out why yet, so I have not been able to go back to my job at school. I hope some day soon, I will be well enough to start!

Thank you again. I will treasure these prints and always treasure your friendship.

Love to all,
    Lara

Re: Thank you so much for the prints

You're welcome Lara. I was glad that a smart person like Steve came up with the idea.
    Keep after those docs to get it right.
    ----------------------------

You are most welcome

Hi Lara,

I am glad my print could brighten your day. Thank you for Steve for making it happen because you are definitely a treasured member of the board.

It's people like you that makes this board great.

Best wishes,
    Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Our pleasure...

Lara, glad to hear you'e doing ok...

The idea to send you a group of our photos came out of the normal print exchange that was to take place at last year's Chicago Gathering. At the time, it seems like very little effort to do something nice for someone who this site owes a great deal to and who was going through a very challenging time in her life.

Uh, that's you...

Anyway I find it funny that the others are thanking "Steve", without being specific as to which one. I think that's perfect, as while I may have played point on this project, Steve M. did most of the work.

So, in this case, we'll be happy to take credit as a single "Steve"... ;)

Get better soon!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Our pleasure...

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Anyway I find it funny that the others are thanking "Steve", without being specific as to which one.
    Credit where credit is due - Steve H came up with the idea about the prints.

Anyway... It took awhile to put this together. I hoped to get all the prints in Chicago, but that didn't work out. I got the last one of the group a couple of weeks ago and frankly I got so used to looking at the accumulating pile that I forgot to send it out once I got it...

Glad you enjoyed them and I had the added bonus of getting to see everyone's great work. Lara, I didn't see this thread until after the PM so I guess we're all set - I just wanted the others here to know that you got the prints.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Oh so good to see you back here, Lara.
    I wish I had something good enough to contribute
    Have a *-- HUG --* instead, and my wish the doctors get inspired and solve the complications.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Well crap! I didn't get any info to send a print...

I would like to send one. Email me your addy Lara so I can join your support team
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Uh-oh...

Almo, the original plan was to collect prints just from those at the Chicago Gathering. A few others became involved simply through the grape vine.

Obviously, best case senario would have been a call for contributions in Viewfinder, so one and all could have taken part. But the key to the whole shebang was surprise, so no public mention was made. Strictly back room wheelin' and dealin'.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I doubt Lara would turn down any members wanting to join in.

BTW, I think it might be best to run the work through Steve M. (that is if you want to Steve, if not I can handle it).
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Uh-oh...

.....and it was the best surprise Steve! First time I had a big smile on my face for a long time!
    See, this is why I love you guys so much!!

Paul, I'll take those hugs any day from you. :-)

Almo, I would love to have a photo from you and any of our members for that matter!
    Please PM either me or Steve M if it's okay with him, or Steve H, for my snail mail address if you are so inclined.

xoxo to my extended family :-)
    Lara

Sure, I'd be glad to do it again and more importantly I'm sure Lara would really appreciate it! We figured the back room wheelin' and dealin' was appropriate for Chicago...

So - if anyone else wants to contribute, PM me for my address. Once I collect them all I'll forward them to Lara.

Happy Print Day Lara!
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Sebastian, you sent my favorite photo of yours. I was thrilled that you remembered!!
    Lara

Liz

Dear Lara,

First, I have to tell you how wonderful it is seeing you here on PR again - it gives me a warm feeling in my heart to see your post. I can't tell you how much you're missed! I really hope you will come around at times and surprise us by just stopping by and saying hello. Or post a pic when you're feeling better.

I continue to pray for you, and I hope it won't be long before you'll feel 100% - and be able to go back to school.

I didn't send a print.....but I still intend to - I just need to find something I know you will really like.

I think it's great that Steve offered to continue his project of collecting the prints and sending them to you.......it's more fun to get lots of them together! Wait for mine Steve!

Love.......hugs.......and a big smile for you, Lara,

;)

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Sebastian, you sent my favorite photo of yours. I was thrilled that you remembered!!

Ahhh Liz! You have been, and still give me such encouraging support. It helps a lot, believe me.

I would love to have a print from you. and I look forward to that!!

Thanks for the love, hugs and smiles. Boy, do I need those.

Love to you,
    Lara

Thread Information