Texas Sunset

Printable View

• 06-05-2004, 06:56 AM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Texas Sunset
    I had meantioned in an earlier post that I spent the Memorial Day Weekend in West Texas. It is much different than my native KY. Here is an example of of a daily event. It's soooo flat. How do they live with out hills and mountians and trees?
  • 06-14-2004, 08:22 PM
    curupira
    Nice composition. I guess I would have tried a flash stepped down a couple of points to add a hint of detail on the foreground.
  • 06-15-2004, 05:28 AM
    megan
    I don't know!
    But it's a great shot.
    I'm headed to Houston this Friday!

Megan
  • 06-15-2004, 05:49 AM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I had meantioned in an earlier post that I spent the Memorial Day Weekend in West Texas. It is much different than my native KY. Here is an example of of a daily event. It's soooo flat. How do they live with out hills and mountians and trees?

Hey, you're supposed to have someon ridin' into that sunset. :D

I like the silhouette of the oil gear. I have to agree about the flat lands. When travelling across the western panhandle on I40, it's always a relief to me to drop down of of that flat plain. Here' and observation from 450 years ago.

The Llano Estacado was first described by Francisco Vázquez de Coronadoqv in a letter to the king of Spain in October 20, 1541: "I reached some plains so vast, that I did not find their limit anywhere I went, although I travelled over them for more than 300 leagues . . . with no more land marks than if we had been swallowed up by the sea . . . . there was not a stone, nor bit of rising ground, nor a tree, nor a shrub, nor anything to go by."