ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Testing one of my engines :)

Shot with Pentax K20D and DA*50-135

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Re: Testing one of my engines :)

Cool series Javier, I like that the airplane is in a few of them, but my favorite is the one with the car catching big air.
    -Bruce

oh.... my.... god.... that looks like so much fun! reminds me of the days I used to spend on sand highway in Pismo beach. great pics.

Hi Again Javier, I note you encourage editing of your images, so here's the crop or framing I would like to see done with the original.
    Makes the image seem a bit more dramatic imo.
    -Bruce

Bruce,Thanks for the edit and a good one at that!
    I have amny more better images, but in my haste and excitement, I have not had a chance to do any editing other resizing.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

WOAH! What do I have to do to get a test drive in that?!?!?! :yikes: :eek6:
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Looks like fun. Too bad the plane wasn't in the getting air shot.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Too bad the plane wasn't in the getting air shot.
    I think that would have been the money shot.
    -Bruce

Nice work Javier, you are getting better everyday. All of the practice? Is it your car? I see two red X's. Did a couple not show?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Way cool action shots Javier
    Dave

Nikon D60 :thumbsup:
    Nikor 35 f 1.8 ... Nikor 18-200 f 3.5/5.6 ...Nikor 18-55 f 3.5/5.6 ... Nikor 55-200mm f 4.5/5.6
    Nikon SB-600 Flash

Fujifilm FinePix S9000 - A Digicam ...
    Not a true DSLR but close enough :wink5:
    Promaster 5750DX Flash

Nikon FG :thumbsup:
    Nikon 50mm f 1.8 ,,, Quantaray 28-80mm f 3.5-4.5 ... Quantaray 80-300mm F 5
    Nikon MD-E motor drive
    Nikon SB-15 Flash

Folks, thank you for all the wonderful comments. Thank you..

Greg, The car is not mine. I build race engines for a living and while I don't talk about it, I thought these shots where kinda cool...As for getting better, I can't take credit for that...While I do practice allot, the credit must be given to folks here...In particular I pay allot of attention to MB, Gary, Xia, Frog, AE and this fellow ''Greg''...this is by no ,means a complete list, there are many others here as well...

As for the Red X's I don't see anything like that? hmm
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Here are a few more from the day.

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Javier,

A plane coming in for landing definately defines the speed that the car is doing, excellent series of shots.

Since you haven't eidted them I won't critique other than some need cropping.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by readingr
    Javier,

A plane coming in for landing definately defines the speed that the car is doing, excellent series of shots.

Since you haven't eidted them I won't critique other than some need cropping.

Roger
    Roger,
    Thank you. I did not edit them because I wanted to show the car in context.. In particular the one with the place. I hate that funny blue sky/ back ground in the first set and I could have spent a few minutes is PS to fix that, but they are as they came out.

I would very much, love to hear your critique as CC is a +...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Roger,
    Thank you. I did not edit them because I wanted to show the car in context.. In particular the one with the place. I hate that funny blue sky/ back ground in the first set and I could have spent a few minutes is PS to fix that, but they are as they came out.

I would very much, love to hear your critique as CC is a +...
    one of my main thoughts around them is that some seem a little washed out and could do with some saturation and possibly colour correction. Its difficult to go through them as a group.

Last set of the last ones posted look good.but the two top ones look a little over exposed to me. These are the one's with the white bank showing.

The shots with the plane in I would crop some of the foreground out, possibly between half way to the bank to the bank itself. I would suggest cropping a couple of inches off the right, half way to the plane.

Another idea that I would try is to convert them to B&W but I fear that the plane would be lost in the background during the conversion, otherwise add some saturation to them and some contrast as well.

Hope that helps.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Roger
    We are thinking around similar thoughts. Biggest problem I had to deal with was the sun. We are talking about a very harsh light in the middle of the day, Hence the funny looking skys. I was using center weighted metering and perhaps I should have been using Spot metering...Al though I am more inclined to think that a Polarizer or ND filter would have been the ticket.. We are going out again this weekend for an actual race so I will be better prepared...As for the crops, If I where after a single shot, then, ya...Crop away..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

These are awesome Javier. That looks like so much fun!
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Thanks Brad...It is a Rush....
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Here are a few more. These I have edited some.
    Don't know if I helped them or hurt them.

Here is a pic of the engine
    Shot this with my G9.

All critique is welcomed.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Nice action shots Javier,

Here is a pic of the engine
    Shot this with my G9.
    What is the make and model of that one?
    BTW, I still use my G5 for dusty environments. Great camera for that.
    -Bruce

Bruce
    The is a 99 Honda B16A engine...That is another thing. The dust was killer so I only took a few shots with the G9...My PENTAX is weather and dust proof so that did not bother me.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Bruce
    The is a 99 Honda B16A engine...That is another thing. The dust was killer so I only took a few shots with the G9...My PENTAX is weather and dust proof so that did not bother me.
    COOL, Thanks! I was thinking Honda, but wasn't sure. I had an old Honda Prelude with a B20 in it. The car was surprisingly quick.
    I know what you mean about being nervous about the dust. I've heard the new Pentax K10 etc are fairly well sealed.
    -Bruce

Wow, that's one heck of an exhaust. I think it would fall well into the category of "long tube" headers! About how much power is it putting out?
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye

My Blog

Brad
    It is putting out
    221Hp@ 8600RPM
    150.2 LBS of torque@7800RPM.

This class is restricted to 1600cc and 29mm venturies...Really hurts us, but we are up nearly 30Hp on the Toyotas..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Man, that's a very healthy screamer! Quite a lot of power out of a motor of that size and w/ the air restrictions... well done.

Having a second at your third set of photos, I really like the first one in the group, but it needs less foreground. I think a crop would make it too tight, so maybe if you get a chance to shoot out there again, try to get into a slightly higher position to take the foreground jump lower or out of the shot. Other than that, I love everything else a/b that photo - the positioning of the car, the dust trial, the background... all fantastic.
    Brad

My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information