• 07-18-2007, 04:58 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Test Shots and Info on New Velvia
    I know a few people here use Velvia and thought you might like to see this. Scroll down the page a little ways to see...

http://kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm
  • 07-18-2007, 09:41 PM
    walterick
    Re: Test Shots and Info on New Velvia
    Wow, that's some great information on Velvia. I guess the Velvia Bandit should have heard through the grapevine that Fuji was reintroducing Velvia 50. Thanks for the info!

Rick
  • 07-19-2007, 04:17 AM
    mongoose
    Mmmmmm Velvia... If Velvia was cheaper and there was a place around here that developed it, I wouldn't switch to digital yet.
  • 07-19-2007, 05:00 AM
    mjs1973
    Thanks for the info!! I'm planning on shootig some Velvia 50 (original) in a couple weeks. I'm mailing out some Provia 100 (120) to a lab today to see how they do. I'll post my findings when I get them back.
  • 07-19-2007, 05:59 AM
    Xia_Ke
    Just noticed this got moved to Viewfinder... Sorry mods, wasn't sure which forum to put this in :o

Mongoose, in regards to your comment, does Velvia require a different process than regular colors films? So I would have to find a special lab if I wanted to get some developed?
  • 07-19-2007, 06:26 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    does Velvia require a different process than regular colors films? So I would have to find a special lab if I wanted to get some developed?

Yes. Velvia is a color slide film and uses a different process (E-6) than print film (C-41). Check with the lab you take your regular film to, to see if they develop it. If not, I would think that they would have someone they could send it to. I think you can even take it to Walmart, and they will send it out to a lab that can handle it.
  • 07-19-2007, 06:43 AM
    Xia_Ke
    Learn something new everyday :) Thanks Michael!

Aaron
  • 07-19-2007, 07:13 AM
    photophorous
    Thanks for the link, Aaron. Sounds like Ken thinks the new 50 is a lot like the old 50. Wish I could get a hold of some. I'm going backpacking in about 9 days. Unfortunately, it's not in stores yet. Doh!

Paul