ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I'm going to be a ....

Daddy!!! Woohoo!!!

My wife and I have finally decided to make it official. We're pregnant. Well, ok, technically she's the pregnant one but the result is the same. We're going to have a baby!! We just found out about a week ago. Looks like the little gomer will be here around the end of the year, first part of January. Woohoo! It's only taken us 9 years of marriage (as of today) to decide to have a family.

Unfortunately, we found out the same week my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He starts chemotherapy Monday. Surgery to follow, probably to remove part of a lung. Outlook is ? But, we're all still optimistic since it hasn't spread. He's got a positive attitude and is in otherwise good health.

I guess we're giving him one additional thing to look forward to...spoiling a new grand-baby!

I just had to share the news!!

I'm torturing my wife and doing the once a month profile thing.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Talking It's only taken us 9 years

[QUOTE=I_Fly]Daddy!!! Woohoo!!!

My wife and I have finally decided to make it official. We're pregnant. Well, ok, technically she's the pregnant one but the result is the same. We're going to have a baby!! We just found out about a week ago. Looks like the little gomer will be here around the end of the year, first part of January. Woohoo! It's only taken us 9 years of marriage (as of today) to decide to have a family.

Unfortunately, we found out the same week my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He starts chemotherapy Monday. Surgery to follow, probably to remove part of a lung. Outlook is ? But, we're all still optimistic since it hasn't spread. He's got a positive attitude and is in otherwise good health.

I guess we're giving him one additional thing to look forward to...spoiling a new grand-baby!

I just had to share the news!!

I'm torturing my wife and doing the once a month profile thing.

I guess some folks are slow starters! :-O

Congratulations to you and Collette my friend! That is very exciting news!

Funny, Collette doesn't look pregnant! ;-) It's hard to imagine little Collette with a belly. I'll be looking forward to seeing those next nine shots!

It's good to hear your father has a good attitude. We'll keep him in our prayers.

One last thing...don't be a stranger!!!! Keep posting those aircraft photo's for us aviation fans.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Woohoo!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

as for your father..

I TRUELY HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST!

My mother was given 6-8 months to live...... 7 years ago!!!!!

4 years on and off of chemo, 1 partial lung /15% kidney function and she is fairing quite well considering!!

modern medicine(as much as i dislike it) is greater everyday!!!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations!

That is wonderful! I think you're right - the baby will give your dad added incentive to fight. My best wishes for you, your wife, your baby, and your dad!!

Spike

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Congratulations!

I love seeing multiple generations living at the same time. My dad's partner has 4 generations living in her house

Hard news about your dad. But you've said the most important thing that'll aid his recovery: his spirits are high!

All the best.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Yes indeed, we are off to a slow start. But better late than never!

Collette may not look pregnant but I feel like I've got an early start in sharing the weight gain! I figure she'll catch up to me eventually!!!

Yes my Dad's definitely got a good attitude. So far he's mostly upset that the chemo will probably have an adverse effect on his fishing time, which doubles as beer drinking time occasionally!

I've got a few photos worth sharing, will post very soon. I'm trying to get here as often as I can, will try to post more often.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

It is great how medicine continues to improve. When Collette and I got married, my mom had to reschedule her last chemo treatment for breast cancer (she's still cancer free). It really took a lot out of her. It sound like their going to start my Dad out on a less agressive type of chemo but do it more often. Side effects should be much less intrusive to "normal" living. We'll see.

I'm sure it'll work out. We've all got a great attitude and our new "package" is a great bonus for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

as for your father..

4 years on and off of chemo, 1 partial lung /15% kidney function and she is fairing quite well considering!!

Troy

www.troybates.com

Ack! Hit submit too soon...

I meant to say that I hope your mother is with you for many more years. It's great to hear she's beaten the odds. Sounds like she's full of fight, I'll bet she's a very interesting person!

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

as for your father..

Troy

www.troybates.com

Thanks for the best wishes Spike!

So just how serious a cheesehead are you? I've got several in-laws that exhibit serious cheesehead behaviour. My mother in law is originally from Wisconsin and it has affected some of her kids, mostly the boys. I think I may have to quarantine them when we go visit in case they try to pull our little one to the yellow side.
    Troy

www.troybates.com

Hmmm...

It is really neat having multiple generations hanging out together. We have 4 in my immediate family with my brother having 2 teenage daughters. On my wife's side we'll have 5. Lots of love all around!

Judging from your signature you've been hanging out with Speed too much. I'd suggest being careful about that. You know he's been bragging about the size of his equipment don't you? Not sure if that's a Nikon problem or what. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    I love seeing multiple generations living at the same time. My dad's partner has 4 generations living in her house

Hard news about your dad. But you've said the most important thing that'll aid his recovery: his spirits are high!

All the best.
    Troy

www.troybates.com

Torture your wife she'll me glad in the end...that she has pics of this wonderful time.
    I don't know ya but it's never easy to deal with a parent's illness in any form...sounds like you have a network of love, humor, and understanding in place...to meet everyone's needs

The best to all of you
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your family.

Danielle

Thread Information