Sweet Anna

Printable View

• 05-21-2004, 05:30 PM
    Liz
    1 Attachment(s)
    Sweet Anna
    She wanted some pics for her family before next week when her baby is due. We were just practicing poses that she wanted to try.

I know, in front of the vertical blinds isn't the best place - but it was the only place in the room without a bunch of furniture & other distractions. Tomorrow we're going to use a velvet backdrop. I never really did anything like this, am not a portrait photographer, but hopefully they will be ok for her family. Tomorrow won't be formal - just an at-home in your white blouse and blue jean photo shoot for her Mom and Dad. She doesn't wear make-up and the clothes are her choice. :)

I just thought she looked so beautiful and wanted to share it here.
  • 05-22-2004, 03:43 PM
    Charles Hess
    Actually, I think the blinds make a pretty nice background for her. You've got her in a nice pose. Her face is a bit dark, perhaps, but this is a nice, tender treatment of her.
  • 05-22-2004, 09:53 PM
    natatbeach
    I like the blinds
    but what do I know;) Maybe try and get some of that natural light in while still keeping the blinds as a background...

Good pose and she seems evry comfy with you...look forward to seeing more
  • 05-23-2004, 03:33 AM
    Liz
    thanks Nat
    Hi Nat,
    Thanks for commenting. I'm on my way out, but hope to get around here tomorrow or possibly tonight.

To be honest, I had to work on the light/brightness/darker thing in PS a whole lot just to get some light on her face and make the background (blinds) less bright. This was about the best I could do. Her face was very dark in the rest of the shots. My poor judgement as our blinds don't close quite all the way. Should have kept the furniture around. However, I'm hoping to shoot more tomorrow if her baby doesn't arrive. ;) I have a black velvet backdrop.

Love ya.
    Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    but what do I know;) Maybe try and get some of that natural light in while still keeping the blinds as a background...

Good pose and she seems evry comfy with you...look forward to seeing more

• 05-23-2004, 08:02 PM
    Liz
    Thanks Penny
    Penny,
    I appreciate your input. I'm planning on getting more shots within the next couple of days and will post them.

I just got a new monitor. A Dell LCD 17" and the colors are awful. There is no manual/directions so I can't figure out how to adjust it. On this monitor (just plugged it in) her face looks very red. On the old monitor it looked much better - my el cheapo LCD 15". Go figure. :rolleyes:

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Liz:

I think you did a good job with this picture. And, I think its okay that you used PS to get get better lighting -- that's what PS is there for! The blinds do make a nice background in this but, I would also like to see the black velvet backdrop too.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I look forward to more!

Best to You,
    Penny