ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Sunday trip

Sunday trip

On sunday I went on an offroad trip to a nearby mountain,
    this is the first offroad trip for my DSLR interestingly enough I did not find it more difficult taking pictures than with my point & shoot, probably even easier, certainly more enjoyable.

Why difficult? because usually I have to climb of the car (literally) camera is kept in a protective case and the environment can be dusty, muddy, wet , slippery, getting to the location to snap the pic can be a bit of a hike, followed by rushing back to move the car and follow the rest of the caravan.

ok some pics ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunday trip-dsc_1587-small.jpg   Sunday trip-dsc_1563-small.jpg   Sunday trip-dsc_1562-small.jpg   Sunday trip-dsc_1595-small.jpg   Sunday trip-dsc_1614-small.jpg  

Re: Sunday trip

The mountain is called Cerro Viejo, near Guadalajara, the mountain peak is 2800m high, the base is at about 1600m above sea level, during our trip we were able to reach 2400 m but have to turn back as the day was going by and we really wanted to drive back with day light, the "road" gets very narrow, it involves maneuvering around trees, avoiding damaging the trees or the cars.

The mountain runs east to west, to the north side of the mountain one can see Lake Cajititlan and to the south it is possible to get a view of lake Chapala (pic above)

Here are a couple of panoramic views towards the north as we were descending of the mountain.

I preferred not to downsize the panoramic views to 800x800 so here are a couple of links, beware clicking on this brings a popup , so disable popups if you want to avoid it. Once imageshack comes up , click on the image to see it large.

http://img408.imageshack.us/i/dsc1618stitch.jpg/

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/dsc1626stitch.jpg/

Thanks for reading.

Beautiful shots. It looks like the trip was well worth while. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Nice shots. You seem to go from wide to almost macro a lot both of which you do well with.
    Those panos are great.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information