ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Storm Damage from Hurrinace Francis

Nothing spectacular here. Just some pics I snapped walking around the house and neighborhood.

john
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storm Damage from Hurrinace Francis-89540064.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

That palmtree was at a 45 degree angle to the ground before I staked it up. Shoulda' taken a pic of it before that but I was being hurried out to stake it up. Oh well.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Hey, if you see any horses running around, I know a guy who lost a whole bunch and can't find them!
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator
    And here we go again. I'm getting all hunkered and bunkered for the weekend in case Ivan the terrible tries to come my way. I found an old canon A70 to try a few digisnaps in case it comes a huffin and a puffin. This is getting old real fast. One of my students, Youngshooter just nailed a new D70 for his 17th b-day yesterday, maybe he'll get a chance to post something.

Be safe my fellow Floridians.
    MJS

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    And here we go again. I'm getting all hunkered and bunkered for the weekend in case Ivan the terrible tries to come my way. I found an old canon A70 to try a few digisnaps in case it comes a huffin and a puffin. This is getting old real fast. One of my students, Youngshooter just nailed a new D70 for his 17th b-day yesterday, maybe he'll get a chance to post something.

Be safe my fellow Floridians.
    MJS
    My DiMage 7i is primed and ready. Current projection show Ivan pushing right through here.

john
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Man, I feel for you Floridians, seems that this one after the other storms make this one of the worst hurricane seasons ever. I cannot begin to fathom how you all must feel, seeing the damage and destruction to your lives. Thanks for posting these.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Wow

I'm fortunate that friends and relatives in FL were relatively unscathed. My best friend in WPB, who was born and raised in NYC, was more freaked than anything else. I hope Ivan is missing you....

Megan

It's hurricane season... again...

From Martin County...

Here are a few from my yard, my neighbor's yard, and a telephone pole in front of our development. More to come, but I'm on dial-up right now so everything is S-L-O-W. We are very near where the eyewall came ashore, so I feel very fortunate that we didn't have more serious damage. But, my biggest news for the day is... we just got our power back! YIPPEE!

Edit: here is the link to my webshots page for the rest of my hurricane damage photos...
    http://community.webshots.com/album/187021398OsVvme?268
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storm Damage from Hurrinace Francis-frances4.jpg   Storm Damage from Hurrinace Francis-frances5.jpg   Storm Damage from Hurrinace Francis-frances11.jpg  
    Last edited by kkraczek; 09-13-2004 at 07:49 PM.
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Thread Information