Stories from the Air
    1) The Murder Scene

• 08-26-2004, 02:29 PM
    opus
    1 Attachment(s)
    2) Tribal Bird Emblem

• 08-26-2004, 02:54 PM
    Charles Hess
    Wow, these are really cool, Kelly ... where are these great patterns located?
  • 08-26-2004, 03:28 PM
    opus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Wow, these are really cool, Kelly ... where are these great patterns located?

I can say with some certainty that "The Murder Scene" is just to the northwest of Lodi, CA (a town south of Sacramento on the CA-99).

"The Tribal Bird" is somewhere south of the Grand Canyon, I think. If you look at this link, http://www.gesource.ac.uk/worldguide...mage_1636.html, it's somewhere along that crack.
  • 08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
    schrackman
    Hey, I used to live in Lodi for many years. Is that the Mokolumne river?

Cool pics, kellybean. Reminds me of making shapes out of clouds. We have this picture at work that shows a cloud in the shape of an angel's head with sunbeams behind it. The title of the picture is appopriately entitled "Faith".

Ray
  • 08-26-2004, 03:49 PM
    opus
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schrackman
    Hey, I used to live in Lodi for many years. Is that the Mokolumne river?

Ray

Ray, I don't know. I've only visited once, in 2001; my friend lives there. How long ago did you move away? Maybe you know him.

You might appreciate this picture, then:

• 08-26-2004, 05:39 PM
    schrackman
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybean
    Ray, I don't know. I've only visited once, in 2001; my friend lives there. How long ago did you move away? Maybe you know him.

You might appreciate this picture, then:

Yep, it took me a minute to get my bearings but I managed to identify a few things. The picture itself was taken a tad northwest of Lodi, and you are looking southeast (if you go from the bottom right corner to the upper left one).

So who is your friend? Perhaps I might know him out of the 75,000 residents, lol. :)

Oh, and most of those green patches are wine and grape vineyards. Lodi is famous for that, although new housing developments over the past 20 years has been slowly but surely eating away at the fields.

Ray
  • 08-26-2004, 06:17 PM
    opus
    My friend is James Morgan, he teaches music at two public schools there. He moved there in 1998, I think. Anyway, I know the town well from my two days there. We walked from Lockeford street all the way to the Target on the south side of town, then back up to Lodi Lake, and back home. I flew over the town after that first trip, took pictures, and came home and studied my pictures against mapquest to ID the town. So when I flew over it again two weeks ago, I knew exactly where we were. I'd know that lake anywhere. :)
  • 08-26-2004, 09:51 PM
    Mig
    That? Is awesome! The bird one is cool too, but for some reason I just love this one. Nice job Kelly!

Danielle